2018 JL prices

oldnslow

Observer
That comes out to $42,253.15 according to the inflation calculator someone posted earlier. Your wages would come out to $12.29 today.

You paid a lot for that Golden Eagle in terms of hours worked - 3,438.46 hours!

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
That comes out to $42,253.15 according to the inflation calculator someone posted earlier. Your wages would come out to $12.29 today.

You paid a lot for that Golden Eagle in terms of hours worked - 3,438.46 hours!

Other items to live on must have been cheaper back then, if you make 12.29 per hour and buy a 42k vehicle you are what is known as a special kind of stupid. Then again I'm sure its only 199 per month for the rest of your life.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Other items to live on must have been cheaper back then, if you make 12.29 per hour and buy a 42k vehicle you are what is known as a special kind of stupid. Then again I'm sure its only 199 per month for the rest of your life.

There is a local kia dealer that has advertised up to 120 month terms. Nothing like paying for a $17k car three times I guess.

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
Wait a few years and get one used with ~50k miles.
Just nicely broken in and you save huge off current prices.

-Dan

Sometimes you don't have to wait that long. Lots of hundred thousand dollar millionaires that constantly chase the newest car. I gladly enjoy their 13 month old cars they have taken the initial property tax hit and first year depreciation on. I save 10k on the car and I'm still under 25k miles of warranty with equity too boot. Some people are just stupid. Can't wait for the initial rush of have to have it jk truck owners who will punt it in a year because the fun and new is gone. They can beta test all the bugs out and I get a discount.

Justincredible

Adventurer
There were 3 of them at the Utah Auto Expo this past weekend.

After sitting in them I don't think I'll be trading in on one anytime soon. The flat stitched dash was a nice throwback to the older models while still feeling updated and the new hood latches were a nice improvement, but it just wasn't different enough to entice me to go back into debt for one.

Unless you really need an easy fold down windshield, I would suggest picking up a used JK when the trade in flood hits.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: You could be right, except-

With the highly modified Dana 44s/elock systems/very modified 6-spd stick and supplied /w 33" tires/widened axles/2" additional fender clearance/shorter wheel backspace for immediate switch to 35" tires/complete revamp of the soft top/highly modified steering system--

And for the AUTO drivers--the ZF 8 speed --which is a lightning shifter with controlled engine braking on hills-mileage increase and steering wheel control-!

I'll never go back to the JK !

Whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Justincredible

Adventurer
:sombrero: You could be right, except-

With the highly modified Dana 44s/elock systems/very modified 6-spd stick and supplied /w 33" tires/widened axles/2" additional fender clearance/shorter wheel backspace for immediate switch to 35" tires/complete revamp of the soft top/highly modified steering system--

And for the AUTO drivers--the ZF 8 speed --which is a lightning shifter with controlled engine braking on hills-mileage increase and steering wheel control-!

I'll never go back to the JK !

Whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Most of what you've mentioned is only on the Rubicon (at $38k-$58k), and I don't much care for the 8 speed.

It's all personal preference though. With the changes/updates I'm betting they'll sell even better than the JK, which is why I say pick up a used JK, cause you'll be able to save yourself thousands of dollars.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I agree with you as far as money goes, but--

I've been driving long enough to know what the drivetrain improvements can be like and if you haven't driven a vehicle /w the 8 speed, you can't imagine what the feeling is compared to any AUTO you ever driven--

I drive a HEMI/w the eight spd tranny now, but I'm getting the new jeep Ruby/w a 6-spd-I've just gotta keep up with the JONES's-

Not really. but I've been retired for 25 years and I/m willing to try the new improvements, especially in jeeps-

Whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

F5driver

Adventurer
I took a Rubicon Unlimited for a spin last week. Very nice and drove well. Liked the 8spd, 70mph at 1800 rpm. Leather, steel bumpers, $53k. Lotta Jeep but a whole lotta money.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I took a Rubicon Unlimited for a spin last week. Very nice and drove well. Liked the 8spd, 70mph at 1800 rpm. Leather, steel bumpers, $53k. Lotta Jeep but a whole lotta money.

Did you check what the computer was saying for mileage at 70mph?

-Dan

southpier

Expedition Leader

suspose I payed if of early?

DailyJeep

Adventurer
Anybody actually buying these yet besides Jimbo?

I can get an ordered unit built to my liking at invoice all day long, but curious what people are actually making deals at.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: The trouble with making any deals on this JL, is the NEWNESS and substantial modifications to an existing revered JK platform-

My deal is 3% off invoice price for a 2dr RUBICON and that's because it's a small town with "ONE" NEW DODGE DEALER and this will be my second purchase there-

A lotta people won't buy a new car/jeep in the first year, because of "NEW" equip./accessories, but-

There really ain't anything new about this JL--just modernizations/updates and finally satisfying jeepers complaints over the last 11 years-

It's gonna be DYNOMITE""-

Everybody's gotta story, but time will tell, after being without my jeep for 1 1/2 years, my withdrawal symptoms are unshakeable and I'm hoping this FCA FACTORY modified Ruby will solve it, well somewhat !!

Whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles