2018 JL prices

F5driver

Adventurer
Built a JL Rubicon 4 door on the Jeep website. V6, auto, steel bumpers, leather, hard top and few other items. 53.5k! I’m hoping Jeep massively increased the quality of the wrangler. My 07 was made of tin.

JDaPP

Adventurer
I am trying to tell myself it is inflation and not to be like my father who lamented when you could buy a coke for a nickel but jeez. You can buy a diesel grand Cherokee or a 4runner for that money.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Yea i'm pretty taken back by the price of a fully loaded Rubicon.

I am really wanting to see what the JT will be like and i'm worried that a fully loaded one will be 60k+.

I saw several options on the JL I would do without, simply because the aftermarket will have better alternatives, the steel bumper option for example. I built one for a little over 46, thinking I would be doing aftermarket upgrades.

encryption

I priced a loaded Rubicon at just over $57K and thought - damn you could get the Ford F150 Limited with Massaging Seats fully loaded to the gills for slightly less. However, since it is still sticker price, wonder how much off the MSRP will dealers discount the price.

ratled

Adventurer
My 17 JKU HR came in at $52k on the build site. I clicked the box that had one at the local dealer with all but one of my options (remote start) and it was only $42K. So I am guessing once the fad of being first on your block to have one passes the OTD price will come down

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
Jeep's are "Girly" vehicles.

Almost 60% of all new Jeep Sales are now to women according to NADA. I would have to agree as I see a LOT of women driving new Jeeps.

Who would have thought???

cgnjeep

Observer
Jeep's are "Girly" vehicles.

Almost 60% of all new Jeep Sales are now to women according to NADA. I would have to agree as I see a LOT of women driving new Jeeps.

Who would have thought???

Oh no the travesty!

Thank god Wranglers appeal to both men and women, a big reason sales are so high and the brand can keep building Jeeps for the minority of us that takes them off-road. If only the Defender, FJ Cuiser and so many other capable vehicles would have appealed to a much wider demographic.

cgnjeep

Observer
I am trying to tell myself it is inflation and not to be like my father who lamented when you could buy a coke for a nickel but jeez. You can buy a diesel grand Cherokee or a 4runner for that money.

Yea i'm pretty taken back by the price of a fully loaded Rubicon.

I am really wanting to see what the JT will be like and i'm worried that a fully loaded one will be 60k+.

I saw several options on the JL I would do without, simply because the aftermarket will have better alternatives, the steel bumper option for example. I built one for a little over 46, thinking I would be doing aftermarket upgrades.

A fully loaded JLU Rubicon will come with all the doodads all other similar priced vehicles come with... but with beefed up Dana 44's, Lockers, Winch ready steel bumpers, true all terrain tires and a convertible roof and fold down windshield... which none of the other $55k vehicles come with. Why is everyone complaining about price???

If you don't want to spend 55K buy a JLU Sport, stick some ARB lockers and AT tires and you're at right about $35k... but why get the Jeep, you can get a fully loaded CRV for that price!

Last edited:

encryption

A fully loaded JLU Rubicon will come with all the doodads all other similar priced vehicles come with... but with beefed up Dana 44's, Lockers, Winch ready steel bumpers, true all terrain tires and a convertible roof and fold down windshield... which none of the other $55k vehicles come with. Why is everyone complaining about price???

If you don't want to spend 55K buy a JLU Sport, stick some ARB lockers and AT tires and you're at right about $35k... but why get the Jeep, you can get a fully loaded CRV for that price!

You make an excellent point however you also have to keep in mind the affordable heritage and history of the Wranglers vs. what a massive transformation the vehicle has gone through (especially if you look at the loaded one). This is the same reason the Volkswagen Phaeton - a BEAST of a luxury sedan - failed miserably in the U.S. because no one could fathom paying about $80K for what most perceived to be a loaded Passat.

cgnjeep

Observer
You make an excellent point however you also have to keep in mind the affordable heritage and history of the Wranglers vs. what a massive transformation the vehicle has gone through (especially if you look at the loaded one). This is the same reason the Volkswagen Phaeton - a BEAST of a luxury sedan - failed miserably in the U.S. because no one could fathom paying about $80K for what most perceived to be a loaded Passat.

The Historically affordable Wrangler is the 2 door base model, which will start at around $26K for the JL. The 4 door Rubicon is in no way historical, so comparing it's price to a CJ, YJ and TJ makes no sense.
If someone wants an affordable Wrangler it will still be there, they just can't expect it to be a fully loaded JLUR with features jeeps would historically have never had.

sabjku

Observer
The Historically affordable Wrangler is the 2 door base model, which will start at around $26K for the JL. The 4 door Rubicon is in no way historical, so comparing it's price to a CJ, YJ and TJ makes no sense.
If someone wants an affordable Wrangler it will still be there, they just can't expect it to be a fully loaded JLUR with features jeeps would historically have never had.

Agreed. And in all fairness, at full MSRP the JLRub doesn't seem to be much more than the JK. Of course it's going to be somewhat more expensive-you'd be a total fool to think otherwise as the entire vehicle has been changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles