Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2018 JL prices

There were 3 of them at the Utah Auto Expo this past weekend.

After sitting in them I don't think I'll be trading in on one anytime soon. The flat stitched dash was a nice throwback to the older models while still feeling updated and the new hood latches were a nice improvement, but it just wasn't different enough to entice me to go back into debt for one.

Unless you really need an easy fold down windshield, I would suggest picking up a used JK when the trade in flood hits.

You could be right, except-

With the highly modified Dana 44s/elock systems/very modified 6-spd stick and supplied /w 33" tires/widened axles/2" additional fender clearance/shorter wheel backspace for immediate switch to 35" tires/complete revamp of the soft top/highly modified steering system--

And for the AUTO drivers--the ZF 8 speed --which is a lightning shifter with controlled engine braking on hills-mileage increase and steering wheel control-!

I'll never go back to the JK !

Whatever

JIMBO

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
    You could be right, except-

With the highly modified Dana 44s/elock systems/very modified 6-spd stick and supplied /w 33" tires/widened axles/2" additional fender clearance/shorter wheel backspace for immediate switch to 35" tires/complete revamp of the soft top/highly modified steering system--

And for the AUTO drivers--the ZF 8 speed --which is a lightning shifter with controlled engine braking on hills-mileage increase and steering wheel control-!

I'll never go back to the JK !

Whatever

JIMBO
    Most of what you've mentioned is only on the Rubicon (at $38k-$58k), and I don't much care for the 8 speed.

It's all personal preference though. With the changes/updates I'm betting they'll sell even better than the JK, which is why I say pick up a used JK, cause you'll be able to save yourself thousands of dollars.

I agree with you as far as money goes, but--

I've been driving long enough to know what the drivetrain improvements can be like and if you haven't driven a vehicle /w the 8 speed, you can't imagine what the feeling is compared to any AUTO you ever driven--

I drive a HEMI/w the eight spd tranny now, but I'm getting the new jeep Ruby/w a 6-spd-I've just gotta keep up with the JONES's-

Not really. but I've been retired for 25 years and I/m willing to try the new improvements, especially in jeeps-

Whatever

JIMBO

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456