Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 JL prices

Hybrid View

Default 2018 JL prices

Built a JL Rubicon 4 door on the Jeep website. V6, auto, steel bumpers, leather, hard top and few other items. 53.5k! Iím hoping Jeep massively increased the quality of the wrangler. My 07 was made of tin.
    2005 Land Cruiser

KG7IDK

That's about what my '17 JKUR came in at.

I am trying to tell myself it is inflation and not to be like my father who lamented when you could buy a coke for a nickel but jeez. You can buy a diesel grand Cherokee or a 4runner for that money.

Yea i'm pretty taken back by the price of a fully loaded Rubicon.

I am really wanting to see what the JT will be like and i'm worried that a fully loaded one will be 60k+.

I saw several options on the JL I would do without, simply because the aftermarket will have better alternatives, the steel bumper option for example. I built one for a little over 46, thinking I would be doing aftermarket upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by JDaPP View Post
    I am trying to tell myself it is inflation and not to be like my father who lamented when you could buy a coke for a nickel but jeez. You can buy a diesel grand Cherokee or a 4runner for that money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Texas View Post
    Yea i'm pretty taken back by the price of a fully loaded Rubicon.

I am really wanting to see what the JT will be like and i'm worried that a fully loaded one will be 60k+.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiserdude80 View Post
    I saw several options on the JL I would do without, simply because the aftermarket will have better alternatives, the steel bumper option for example. I built one for a little over 46, thinking I would be doing aftermarket upgrades.
    A fully loaded JLU Rubicon will come with all the doodads all other similar priced vehicles come with... but with beefed up Dana 44's, Lockers, Winch ready steel bumpers, true all terrain tires and a convertible roof and fold down windshield... which none of the other $55k vehicles come with. Why is everyone complaining about price???

If you don't want to spend 55K buy a JLU Sport, stick some ARB lockers and AT tires and you're at right about $35k... but why get the Jeep, you can get a fully loaded CRV for that price!
    Last edited by cgnjeep; 12-27-2017 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cgnjeep View Post
    A fully loaded JLU Rubicon will come with all the doodads all other similar priced vehicles come with... but with beefed up Dana 44's, Lockers, Winch ready steel bumpers, true all terrain tires and a convertible roof and fold down windshield... which none of the other $55k vehicles come with. Why is everyone complaining about price???

If you don't want to spend 55K buy a JLU Sport, stick some ARB lockers and AT tires and you're at right about $35k... but why get the Jeep, you can get a fully loaded CRV for that price!
    You make an excellent point however you also have to keep in mind the affordable heritage and history of the Wranglers vs. what a massive transformation the vehicle has gone through (especially if you look at the loaded one). This is the same reason the Volkswagen Phaeton - a BEAST of a luxury sedan - failed miserably in the U.S. because no one could fathom paying about $80K for what most perceived to be a loaded Passat.

Quote Originally Posted by encryption View Post
    ....no one could fathom paying about $80K for what most perceived to be a loaded Passat.
    except bruce sundland

Quote Originally Posted by encryption View Post
    You make an excellent point however you also have to keep in mind the affordable heritage and history of the Wranglers vs. what a massive transformation the vehicle has gone through (especially if you look at the loaded one). This is the same reason the Volkswagen Phaeton - a BEAST of a luxury sedan - failed miserably in the U.S. because no one could fathom paying about $80K for what most perceived to be a loaded Passat.
    The Historically affordable Wrangler is the 2 door base model, which will start at around $26K for the JL. The 4 door Rubicon is in no way historical, so comparing it's price to a CJ, YJ and TJ makes no sense.
    If someone wants an affordable Wrangler it will still be there, they just can't expect it to be a fully loaded JLUR with features jeeps would historically have never had.

Quote Originally Posted by cgnjeep View Post
    The Historically affordable Wrangler is the 2 door base model, which will start at around $26K for the JL. The 4 door Rubicon is in no way historical, so comparing it's price to a CJ, YJ and TJ makes no sense.
    If someone wants an affordable Wrangler it will still be there, they just can't expect it to be a fully loaded JLUR with features jeeps would historically have never had.
    Agreed. And in all fairness, at full MSRP the JLRub doesn't seem to be much more than the JK. Of course it's going to be somewhat more expensive-you'd be a total fool to think otherwise as the entire vehicle has been changed.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast