Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 JL prices

Never going to happen for me. The price is more than I spent for my house or my 4X4 motorhome. I still have 2 Jeeps and I am into them around $5.000. The first Jeep was $500. Idiotic prices.
    1992 FG, 1994 Hallmark camper.
    1961 CJ3b, V6,OD,PTO winch etc.
    1969 Jeep Commando.
    1998 Harley.
    2, 1982 XT 550's
    1953 Buick Special, that I get out about once a year, 62K original miles.

Yeah, but remember--the BASIC JL Ruby cost--starts at $36,995 + delivery $1195 + tax license #3000 +--so use good judgement on your option choice-

Even the basic soft top is $595--!

Mind your Ps & Qs

Good luck

JIMBO

Quote Originally Posted by unkamonkey View Post
    Never going to happen for me. The price is more than I spent for my house or my 4X4 motorhome. I still have 2 Jeeps and I am into them around $5.000. The first Jeep was $500. Idiotic prices.
    I sold my 66'and 72' years ago, not bashing any body here, like all except electric and self driving vehicles, all do the same thing the first model T did, haul our butts and stuff around, but now you can get two cupholders and a backup camera for outrageous amounts of money.
    But, you might be the first on the block to have one.
    Giving you bragging rights.
    Just an old man's $.02

Quote Originally Posted by unkamonkey View Post
    Wait a few years and get one used with ~50k miles.
    Just nicely broken in and you save huge off current prices.

-Dan
    Around Africa in a Jeep Wrangler JK @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina)
    --
    Follow: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / YouTube
    --
    WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

I bought my last new Jeep in 1999 and I could not get past 18 years of sticker shock. Low end models were not to be found on the lot so I ordered 2017 base JK 6 speed plus factory tow package, A/C, factory half doors manual, 3.73 gears(highest for base model) listed at $27,475...... plus tax title delivery minus dealer discount and I was out the door with keys in hand for $27K ....... nice starter kit plus $30K left in the wallet....
    "Flexibility is the key to success .....and poor planning is the key to flexibility"

My 77 golden eagle cj7 was 11,175 i think in 1978 what woud that be today. I only made 3.25 per hour then

That comes out to $42,253.15 according to the inflation calculator someone posted earlier. Your wages would come out to $12.29 today.

You paid a lot for that Golden Eagle in terms of hours worked - 3,438.46 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslow View Post
    That comes out to $42,253.15 according to the inflation calculator someone posted earlier. Your wages would come out to $12.29 today.

You paid a lot for that Golden Eagle in terms of hours worked - 3,438.46 hours!
    Other items to live on must have been cheaper back then, if you make 12.29 per hour and buy a 42k vehicle you are what is known as a special kind of stupid. Then again I'm sure its only 199 per month for the rest of your life.
    Well, a hooker would get the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by plainjaneFJC View Post
    Other items to live on must have been cheaper back then, if you make 12.29 per hour and buy a 42k vehicle you are what is known as a special kind of stupid. Then again I'm sure its only 199 per month for the rest of your life.
    There is a local kia dealer that has advertised up to 120 month terms. Nothing like paying for a $17k car three times I guess.
    2017 Camping trailer (overpriced beer transportation device)
    2016 JKUR
    2015 JKUR

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Grec View Post
    Wait a few years and get one used with ~50k miles.
    Just nicely broken in and you save huge off current prices.

-Dan
    Sometimes you don't have to wait that long. Lots of hundred thousand dollar millionaires that constantly chase the newest car. I gladly enjoy their 13 month old cars they have taken the initial property tax hit and first year depreciation on. I save 10k on the car and I'm still under 25k miles of warranty with equity too boot. Some people are just stupid. Can't wait for the initial rush of have to have it jk truck owners who will punt it in a year because the fun and new is gone. They can beta test all the bugs out and I get a discount.
    2017 Camping trailer (overpriced beer transportation device)
    2016 JKUR
    2015 JKUR

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast