Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Discovery 4 build thread

Default My Discovery 4 build thread

Finally getting around to taking some photos and sharing them on this forum.

Had a new drawer system and fridge drop slide installed, itís pretty awesome!!

Also upgraded my awning from a Hannibal awning to an Ostrich wing (270 degree awning)... I love the thing but a minor miscalculation - the rear door with the front runner ladder does open all the way. Oh well, nail in the coffin and buying the Alucab expedition tent and getting rid of the roof rack and ladder. Not a fan of the current roof top tent and Iím most certainly in favour of the 30sec tent

For this wondering I decided to go Ďwhite-INí with BF Goodrich 265/65R18 KO2s

Currently we are in Mozambique which is 1 of 3 countries that we are doing a quick 3 week Overland trip and today we found a nice spot with an epic view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disco 4 SDV6 HSE with Compomotives, BFG 265/65R18s, BigCountry drawer system, Melvill & Moon covers, NL 52L fridge, FR Spare Wheel Carrier, FR Roof Rack, Tenco RTT, FR 50" LED Bar, dual spots, Lift Rods, Mantec Snorkel, C-TEK Dual batt system, 2.4m Hannibal awning, Maxtrax, Icom ID-5100, Icom ID-51 as secondary, IIDtool BT
    www.xpedition.africa | Follow my adventures on Instagram

Best and most overland used D4 i've seen! I'm looking for the AluCab 270 awning next and plan to finish my sleep platform and drawers when I get back to the mainland. I have an ARB tent and it's nice, but I think I'm going to stick with sleeping in the vehicle with all necessities in the drawers and camp gear on the roof. RTT is nice, but too much weight up there for my liking. However, the AluCab and James Baroud pop-up tents are the bee's knee's when it comes to comfort and ease of use just out of my current price range so I'll stick to the ARB RTT for now until the rest of the truck is completely converted.

FYI, my lady's family is in from SA now here in Hawaii......they are loving the weather and keep barking at me about why I have not made the trip. Turns out her uncle just bought one of the last D90 green (sea foam color) off the production line to add to his D110 overlander. The D90 only has like 32km on it and it is a collector for him as the last year/model produced. He let his daughter use it for the wedding and then it went back into the garage. They live in Cape Town so the trip has to happen soon and I may never come back...hahahahaha

Love seeing your adventures....

Cheers Mate!
    #Victory_Overland
    Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
    2008 LR3 SE (90K Miles)

>>>Build Thread<<<

Gap IID Tool
    Tactical Rovers bumpers
    FR Rack
    Melvill & Moon Seat Covers
    Nitto Terra Grap AT 255/60R18
    Traxide Dual Battery w/Solar
    ARB RTT and Awning

Love it. Who makes that tire carrier?
    2013 LR4
    FR Rack, BFG KO2, IID Tool, Extra LEDs all over, Custom Drawers, Dual Optima Batteries, etc etc etc. One of these days I'll get around to doing a build thread.

Initially when I booked my car in for the carrier it was booked for a Front Runner Cartier but if I look through their history it doesnít resemble any of the carriers so I assume itís a custom one. Either way I love it

Disco 4 SDV6 HSE with Compomotives, BFG 265/65R18s, BigCountry drawer system, Melvill & Moon covers, NL 52L fridge, FR Spare Wheel Carrier, FR Roof Rack, Tenco RTT, FR 50" LED Bar, dual spots, Lift Rods, Mantec Snorkel, C-TEK Dual batt system, 2.4m Hannibal awning, Maxtrax, Icom ID-5100, Icom ID-51 as secondary, IIDtool BT

Very cool! I see you on the Instagrams from time to time. Question for you: what is the blue square sticker with the yellow triangle on the front bumper?
    2006 Discovery 3
    1995 Discovery
    1990 110

Instgrm:CondorDavis

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDavis View Post
    Very cool! I see you on the Instagrams from time to time. Question for you: what is the blue square sticker with the yellow triangle on the front bumper?
    Follow you on Insta as well! Itís a sticker thatís required by Mozambique law to show from the front that you are towing a trailer and it shows on which side the steering wheel is but many stick it incorrectly. The trailer has same sticker at the back just in case the person canít figure out itís a trailer thatís being towed. Stupid but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by DETOUR-GP View Post
    Follow you on Insta as well! It’s a sticker that’s required by Mozambique law to show from the front that you are towing a trailer and it shows on which side the steering wheel is but many stick it incorrectly. The trailer has same sticker at the back just in case the person can’t figure out it’s a trailer that’s being towed. Stupid but it is what it is
    Interesting! Thanks
    2006 Discovery 3
    1995 Discovery
    1990 110

Instgrm:CondorDavis

great build! reminds me of mine minus the snorkel and drawers. im hoping to build some drawers for summer time adventuring!
    IMG_3077.jpg

How you liking that Ali-cab 270 awning? Thantís my dream awning. Lol
    #Victory_Overland
    Kailua, Oahu, Hawaii
    2008 LR3 SE (90K Miles)

>>>Build Thread<<<

Gap IID Tool
    Tactical Rovers bumpers
    FR Rack
    Melvill & Moon Seat Covers
    Nitto Terra Grap AT 255/60R18
    Traxide Dual Battery w/Solar
    ARB RTT and Awning

Quote Originally Posted by Victory_Overland View Post
    How you liking that Ali-cab 270 awning? Thantís my dream awning. Lol
    Absolutely love it! Did not love that it didnít fit the prospeed rack with out some fab work :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast