My Discovery 4 build thread

DETOUR-GP

Rockstar
Finally getting around to taking some photos and sharing them on this forum.

Had a new drawer system and fridge drop slide installed, it’s pretty awesome!!

971f791949156de161d2d027cec42dbb.jpg

0a10856fc04f5868fda4ce51a73fd362.jpg

4fcf21459b0803a117867fac7c27f2c1.jpg

24dc7441b001110bac289de7c4b8bee2.jpg

Also upgraded my awning from a Hannibal awning to an Ostrich wing (270 degree awning)... I love the thing but a minor miscalculation - the rear door with the front runner ladder does open all the way. Oh well, nail in the coffin and buying the Alucab expedition tent and getting rid of the roof rack and ladder. Not a fan of the current roof top tent and I’m most certainly in favour of the 30sec tent

a96ab16b2e430c45022c1a6fb8bdb992.jpg

cb356e6411f9d9e297c6c77a2adf2b9d.jpg

7523e78af01445cef51f9a30adab52ed.jpg

d3493a393af247a0bf8146f2707da146.jpg

For this wondering I decided to go ‘white-IN’ with BF Goodrich 265/65R18 KO2s

a8af5452d8a81bc77db654c824fd9869.jpg

Currently we are in Mozambique which is 1 of 3 countries that we are doing a quick 3 week Overland trip and today we found a nice spot with an epic view.

ae8e0293d34a19f8eb04009220b3edc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best and most overland used D4 i've seen! I'm looking for the AluCab 270 awning next and plan to finish my sleep platform and drawers when I get back to the mainland. I have an ARB tent and it's nice, but I think I'm going to stick with sleeping in the vehicle with all necessities in the drawers and camp gear on the roof. RTT is nice, but too much weight up there for my liking. However, the AluCab and James Baroud pop-up tents are the bee's knee's when it comes to comfort and ease of use just out of my current price range so I'll stick to the ARB RTT for now until the rest of the truck is completely converted.

FYI, my lady's family is in from SA now here in Hawaii......they are loving the weather and keep barking at me about why I have not made the trip. Turns out her uncle just bought one of the last D90 green (sea foam color) off the production line to add to his D110 overlander. The D90 only has like 32km on it and it is a collector for him as the last year/model produced. He let his daughter use it for the wedding and then it went back into the garage. They live in Cape Town so the trip has to happen soon and I may never come back...hahahahaha

Love seeing your adventures....

Cheers Mate!

DETOUR-GP

Rockstar
Initially when I booked my car in for the carrier it was booked for a Front Runner Cartier but if I look through their history it doesn’t resemble any of the carriers so I assume it’s a custom one. Either way I love it

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Very cool! I see you on the Instagrams from time to time. Question for you: what is the blue square sticker with the yellow triangle on the front bumper?

DETOUR-GP

Rockstar
Very cool! I see you on the Instagrams from time to time. Question for you: what is the blue square sticker with the yellow triangle on the front bumper?

Follow you on Insta as well! It’s a sticker that’s required by Mozambique law to show from the front that you are towing a trailer and it shows on which side the steering wheel is but many stick it incorrectly. The trailer has same sticker at the back just in case the person can’t figure out it’s a trailer that’s being towed. Stupid but it is what it is

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Follow you on Insta as well! It's a sticker that's required by Mozambique law to show from the front that you are towing a trailer and it shows on which side the steering wheel is but many stick it incorrectly. The trailer has same sticker at the back just in case the person can't figure out it's a trailer that's being towed. Stupid but it is what it is

Interesting! Thanks

harbinger808

Adventurer
great build! reminds me of mine minus the snorkel and drawers. im hoping to build some drawers for summer time adventuring!
IMG_3077.jpg

DETOUR-GP

Rockstar
Thanks for the comments guys!

After this trip and the niggles we have experienced, I have decided that the roof rack and foldover RTT are gone. Placing order for an AluCab Expedition 3 tent soon + Front Runner Long range tank. This will clean the roof up completely and allow for a faster set-up and set-down of camp :)

DanR

DETOUR-GP Nice setup you have there, and thanks for sharing! What kind of drawer system do you have there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles