Lr3 Roof Awning

GORM

Adventurer
Hello all, happy holidays. I have been wanting to put a rear facing awning on my LR3. Wondering of other lr3 owners have and suggestions as the tailgate goes up and I have a ladder off the back as well which creates some close clearance issues. I also have the Front Runner roof rack.

Choices:
- ARB 1250 which likely fits on the 1255mm wide Rack
- KingCamp Compass awning - nice feature is it wraps around the rear and mount Sinai to wheel wells
- Danchel - basically same as above (see amazon for pics of either)

Anyway - what real tested options are out there off back of LR3

Thanks in advance

Kent

AZ_Nick

I installed a Arawak 270 degree awning on my LR3. I made custom brackets so it sits higher and clears the hatch. Mine is attached to the factory cross bars, should be even easier to attach an awning to the Front Runner. This pictures a little dark bat you can see the hatch is fully open with the awning deployed.
arawak.jpg

harbinger808

Adventurer
I have a 2012 LR4 with am Alucab ShadowAwning that needed a bit of fabricating to attach to the Prospeed rack. There's an actual bracket that Alucab makes to fit the awning to a Frontrunner rack also. No need for fabrication which is nice.
View attachment 4299

Attachments

• IMG_3077.jpg
    IMG_3077.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 38

harbinger808

Adventurer
shadow1.JPGshadow3.JPGshadow6.JPGRTT3.JPG

i already had 2 of the prospeed awning brackets that i purchased at the same time as the rack knowing that one day i would put an awning on. never thought just how useless the brackets are for any self supporting awning :/ so i talked to my brother in law and this is what we came up with in a day. probably not the most elegant design but it works. i have another design that would allow the awning to fold flat against the rack as the prospeeds originally intended but our rtt is up there all the time anyways. hope this helps out.

FourWheelOverland

Four_Wheel_Overland on Instagram
I installed a Arawak 270 degree awning on my LR3. I made custom brackets so it sits higher and clears the hatch. Mine is attached to the factory cross bars, should be even easier to attach an awning to the Front Runner. This pictures a little dark bat you can see the hatch is fully open with the awning deployed.
View attachment 429628

Are you happy with it? Did it take much longer than the 30 days they quote for shipping? I am about to order one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne