eccotemp l5

4x4play82

I am looking for ideas on making my unit as portable as possible. I have my water and pump mounted on my expedition trailer along with my propane tank. I don't want my shower water and toilet in my immediate camp area so here are my thoughts. I have it stored in a pelican case. I have put together and adapter for it to run off of a one pound propane tank. I will run a hose to the trailer for the water. Any suggestions on how to keep it off of the ground while using it? I'm thinking about mounting it in the case and attaching some sort of tripod to the case.

Suggestions and concerns welcome

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I have mine mounted in a pelican case and it works fine in there. I usually just hook it to the back of the vehicle or a tree. All the hoses fit inside the pelican case as well for transport.

I can also just prop the door open and sit it on the ground if required.

aaen

Adventurer
I'm looking more for having it mounted in the case for use and mounted to my rack on the drivers side. Then when I get to where I am going and after a few days when it is time for a cleanup, I can flip the case open, plug in all the required items, and voila have a shower. Then close it up and go back to normal activities.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
I’m out of town at the moment but I think it is a 1550. But trusting my memory is very risky

jimbono

Oops! I had this window open too long in replying and just missed your response. Thanks for the info with the case.

The Artisan

Adventurer
Just an FYI. If you guys have Bargin Hunt stores around you, these are $67.00. Griffin GA had about 10 of these tonight.
Kevin

aaen

Adventurer
no, sadly here in Canada they are about 180 dollars, although I can get it on sale for 130, but shipping was 40 dollars. I'll have to pick one up on the way through on my trip.

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
no, sadly here in Canada they are about 180 dollars, although I can get it on sale for 130, but shipping was 40 dollars. I'll have to pick one up on the way through on my trip.

Costco lists it a $154 with shipping included
https://www.costco.ca/Eccotemp-L5-Portable-Tankless-Water-Heater-37-500-BTU.product.100311919.html

Or Bass Pro at $130 and list on their site free shipping on all orders over $50
http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/eccotemp-l5-portable-tankless-water-heater

The Artisan

Adventurer
Here ya go. Not sure why it posted sideways, will try to fix later on puter.
Kevin

Attachments

• eccoL5.jpg
    eccoL5.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

rlynch356

Defyota
I bought a 10’ shower hose and joined it up to the 7’ one the shower came with... allows plenty of room to put the shower enclosure a bit always from the trailer.

KYC

Adventurer
I was going to use a Pelican IM2950.

Was going to put the water heater in there and a small propane tank with pump and all hoses.

After getting the Pelican case, I realized how bulky it is and now looking into a spot to mount everything in my van and getting rid of the Pelican case.

My original plan was to mount the case onto my back door somehow or attach straps with hooks to the case so I can hang it off whatever I need to when needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles