2018 Expo East Camping?

manderson2228

Wife and I will be coming up to the east expo and will be driving our 35 foot class A. Is there a spot where the rest of the RV campers will be, or is there a specific campground nearby that folks will be camping at. I figured it would be cool to have a bunch of together at a campground just curious where everyone is thinking.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Wife and I will be coming up to the east expo and will be driving our 35 foot class A. Is there a spot where the rest of the RV campers will be, or is there a specific campground nearby that folks will be camping at. I figured it would be cool to have a bunch of together at a campground just curious where everyone is thinking.
There are a lot of camping options, you looking for a commercial campground with hookups or national forest type?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

There are always a few at Expo West each year so I imagine there's something close by back East. All are welcome. Try contacting the event through their webpage with this question. Good luck! ��

35’ camper? Maybe try an RV event...

Seriously? ******!

I guess people who travel with a RV and “Overland” with a Jeep they have in tow are not welcome at Overland Expo? I hope there isn’t security kicking out all the people who either haven’t started their adventure or who adventure in a slight different manner.

Cliquey high school behavior is BS and if none of the cool kids are willing to get off their high horse and socialize with you at the event, look us up. We’ll be camped with all the cool kids though, just minus the condescending attitude.

manderson2228

Seriously? ******!

I guess people who travel with a RV and “Overland” with a Jeep they have in tow are not welcome at Overland Expo? I hope there isn’t security kicking out all the people who either haven’t started their adventure or who adventure in a slight different manner.

Cliquey high school behavior is BS and if none of the cool kids are willing to get off their high horse and socialize with you at the event, look us up. We’ll be camped with all the cool kids though, just minus the condescending attitude.

You are exactly right actually. We flat tow a jeep. Sometimes we camp out of the jeep in the purist overland style and sometimes we use the RV. We went to Colorado and stayed at a campground in the RV but left for a couple nights and back country camped with the jeep and tents. We also live in the south east so June/July/Aug its hot as heck to camp, call me a wimp but need a AC during those months!! We like to mix it up and do different things. Appreciate your response when I saw he was a Land Rover guy though I automatically knew no matter what I did or said I wouldn't be cool enough to hang with him ;)

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
You will find "My Backyard Campground" is the closest commercial campground to the Reeb Ranch.

Located in Penrose NC about 9 miles away from Reeb Ranch. This campground has a 4.7 out of 5 rating for what that's worth!

And "I" would not be caught DEAD in a Land Rover! ;)

https://mybackyardcampground.com/

Last edited:

Wallygator

Adventurer
Could also try Davidson River Campground in the Pisgah National Forest. Would be way cheaper than camping at Reeb. I would make reservations soon though

There is also Rock Creek Campground in Zirconia

Izzy1

Izzy
35 ft is the maximum allowed according to the Expo's page FAQ, so you might be all right in there.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
From FAQ Page:

"Basic camping on-site (no hook-ups) for smaller overland vehicles and motorcycles only (no vehicles over 35 feet, no large trailers, see information below on restrictions) is included free with any Overland Experience package. (Individual reservations are not needed as all camp spots are in an open field—see below.) Note: Overland Experience tickets are sold per person and then a permit is added for vehicle and/or motorcycle."

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I drive down, stopping 5 miles away, then unload a bicycle with a little trailer and a pop up tent. Then I tell everyone I'm expo'ing around the world and make up silly stories about far away lands that don't exist.

Last year I taught one the FWC guys a fake rain dance.

I'd just roll in with the jeep. Ditch the basecamp at a campground or walmart.

Last edited:

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I don't understand why the limitations. If someone can drop a half million or more on a globex etc why not let the prevost, newmar, american coach etc people participate? Sounds pretty elitist and petty. I thought with overlanding it doesn't matter what you drive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles