Thread: Suggestion for Metal Fabricator in Puget Sound Area - Small projects

Default Suggestion for Metal Fabricator in Puget Sound Area - Small projects

Anyone know of someone that will take on small jobs to Fab up a few small parts for my truck? Example: After installing a swing out tire carrier I need a new mount for my backup camera. Would love something like this: http://www.pelfreybilt.com/product/c...ocation-mount/ Just need it to work for my Tundra

I often have small jobs that would be great to know of a place / person that would take them on, some of the larger shops have not seemed interested in small one-offs like this.

Any contacts, greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays

Travis

To save you a bunch of sticker shock. That bracket would take about 30 minutes to make (without holes) and most shops charge around $125/hr. If you can buy it, you'll save big bucks even if you have to do minor mods. The reason most shops aren't interested is invariably the response to the price is "WHAT!!!! THAT'S TOO EXPENSIVE, I CAN BUY IT FOR $25.00" to which they reply - please do.

Quote Originally Posted by superbuickguy View Post
    To save you a bunch of sticker shock. That bracket would take about 30 minutes to make (without holes) and most shops charge around $125/hr. If you can buy it, you'll save big bucks even if you have to do minor mods. The reason most shops aren't interested is invariably the response to the price is "WHAT!!!! THAT'S TOO EXPENSIVE, I CAN BUY IT FOR $25.00" to which they reply - please do.
    Thanks for the info, I'm aware of how much these things end up costing at times. I usually just mod up something I can buy for that reason but occasionally have a need for something that is a bit cleaner and made by someone with more skill, and happy to pay for better quality of work.

Happy to pay a craftsman for their work, looking for suggestions for Puget sound area.

I PM'd you their name and a contact. I was going to leave it here, but the problem is I don't want to make more, pointless, work for them answering the phone of people who don't get that custom is expensive.
    Last edited by superbuickguy; 01-04-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks man, much appreciated.

Where are you located?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    Where are you located?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk
    I live in Ballard but open to anything within an hour for a decent shop with good rate.

I'm working with them now on one of my projects - and it's kind of funny. My next project is to build my own plasma table, so they will be cutting out parts for me to stop using them... a sort-of-secret is I have my own home, fab shop but I like them and it's with mixed feelings that I'm doing the project.

Hi there, sent you a PM. Have a great shop I've used over in West Seattle.

Oshkosh HEMTT Heavy Expedition Truck (HERMTT)
    Land Rover Range Rover

Follow us @hermtthemtt on Instagram and Facebook