Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2018 NW Overland Rally Thread

Ray Hyland is offline Expedition Portal Team
    Expedition Portal Moderator
    Expedition Leader

Default The Official 2018 NW Overland Rally Thread

OK folks, it's that time of year again, time for a new NWOR thread!

This year we are pushing the dates back by two weeks, to the weekend before 4th of July.

So, the 2018 rally will be June 28-July 1.

Last year due to many snow days in WA and OR, the school year was extended for some districts, meaning that some families couldn't come to the Rally. So this year we've pushed the event back to prevent that problem.

We will still be in the scenic hamlet of Plain WA, just outside Leavenworth. If you haven't been yet, Leavenworth is a bavarian-themed village in the Cascade Mountains, affectionately called the Washington Alps. It's actually cooler than it sounds.

We have the same location but we've again rented even more field space. We're also going to build out the off road technical course some more.

The website is the same, www.nwoverlandrally.com and for now the vendor and activity pages are placeholders from last year, but they do give a good idea of the types of activities and vendors to expect. Ticket sales will be live in January.

As usual, drive whatcha got, it doesn't matter if it's a Honda Civic or a Sportsmobile, you will still have a great time. And of course, kids and dogs are always welcome, it's a family-friendly event.

So, who is coming, and what are you bringing?

Cheers

Ray
    Ray Hyland
    Explorers Club Member, RCGS Fellow, Member of Overland International Inc.
    www.nwoverlandrally.com www.bcoverlandrally.com www.overlandinternational.com
    1993 D110 (200tdi) with Habitat Roof, 1954 86" Station Wagon (London to Singapore truck, 2015/2016), 1954 86" Pickup, 1954 86" Hardtop, 1956 86" coil-sprung hybrid, 2005 YZF250F, 1971 Carabela, 2012 Kawasaki, 2016 CCW Ace Deluxe 250, 1988 RRC.

Hope to make it again this year, but not sure what the summer holds.

Glad to hear the event remains in Plain, WA .

It's an awesome location for the event.

I might be able to make it this summer with the new dates.
    Doug
    2009 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A, 2010 Arctic Fox 811 truck camper, '02 DR-Z400, '07 KLR650, and a land yacht enclosed trailer (20')

www.overland-gear.com | www.ledtrailerlights.com

Here's a short video I did from the roof of my camper that last time I was there. I'm loosing track of when this was, but I think it was 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5R7zvWkRnI
    Doug
    2009 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A, 2010 Arctic Fox 811 truck camper, '02 DR-Z400, '07 KLR650, and a land yacht enclosed trailer (20')

www.overland-gear.com | www.ledtrailerlights.com

I will be there with the family, planning to lead a trail ride again this year! Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0, Warn brush guard, 33in Bfg A/Ts, JD traction bars, Bilstein shocks, Garmin Nuvi 550 navigation.

I may have to run the Suburban on the off-road course...

God willing, we’ll be relocated to that area and will be there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always a good time. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'll be making it this year.

Woo hoo! Can't wait.

Hoping to bring the Space Tractor this year, but it might be the PDXJ. Maybe both?

Just put in my leave request hopefully it will be granted!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast