2017 RAM 2500c Build. Tradesman---->AEV'ish

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
The manual transfercase is becoming an endangered specie out there.
When I ordered my '07 from Dave Smith the salesguy was a bit perplexed that I didn't want the electronic one.
I almost bought an '05 from Dillon but health reasons forced me to delay it. Great fleet manager there.
Great looking rig man. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Austo

Observer
The manual transfercase is becoming an endangered specie out there.
When I ordered my '07 from Dave Smith the salesguy was a bit perplexed that I didn't want the electronic one.

San Diego for you.... I kid... Love your popup, have you been happy with it?

kmcintyre

Observer
Living in Boise, ID. I have had issues with Dennis Dillon in the past and personally wouldn't buy there but I understand their prices are good. I guess if you are buying out of state and don't have to use their service, that's a bonus! I had to take them to small claims court where they forged a signature on a document. Luckily, the judge must have known what they were up to. They also brought a lawyer to small claims (you can't have lawyers there) and they said he was just a 'consultant'. Yes, I won the case....

Irwinsdad

Can you tell me what it was like buying from them from out of state. I keep watching their website and their guaranteed price has a bunch of asterisk. How close were you to the actual guaranteed price and were there any surprises? Thanks in advance.

Austo

Observer
Living in Boise, ID. I have had issues with Dennis Dillon in the past and personally wouldn't buy there but I understand their prices are good. I guess if you are buying out of state and don't have to use their service, that's a bonus! I had to take them to small claims court where they forged a signature on a document. Luckily, the judge must have known what they were up to. They also brought a lawyer to small claims (you can't have lawyers there) and they said he was just a 'consultant'. Yes, I won the case....

Well that's pretty sketchy they forged a signature, that would piss me off. There is another Chrysler Dealer close to Dennis Dillon, do you got there for service. I knew I wasn't going to service it there and they had the exact truck I wanted.

Can you tell me what it was like buying from them from out of state. I keep watching their website and their guaranteed price has a bunch of asterisk. How close were you to the actual guaranteed price and were there any surprises? Thanks in advance.

I was right on the guaranteed price, and then there is another price that you "could" get. If you are in the military you get another discount, contractor licensed, business owner, etc. Overall it was pretty smooth! I was in a hurry to get on the road and go in and out pretty quick. They picked me up from the airport, I'm trying to think of a negative, maybe just communication a little before I flew out there...

Let me know if you have anymore questions, I was a little skeptical but I was prepared to fly back if there was any funny business.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I put the Westin HDX steps on my F250. They don't appear to be any lower than my skid plates.

I first saw them on a Dodge, and they still looked pretty tucked in. Not much in the way of armor, but don't really need them for that much. Hopefully they'll at least stop a few tossed rocks or brush.

+1 on the Westin HDX steps. They are tucked up high, and with a lift and tires I never plan on "sliding" over anything anyways. They get lots of compliments.

kmcintyre

Observer
Well that's pretty sketchy they forged a signature, that would piss me off. There is another Chrysler Dealer close to Dennis Dillon, do you got there for service. I knew I wasn't going to service it there and they had the exact truck I wanted.

I was right on the guaranteed price, and then there is another price that you "could" get. If you are in the military you get another discount, contractor licensed, business owner, etc. Overall it was pretty smooth! I was in a hurry to get on the road and go in and out pretty quick. They picked me up from the airport, I'm trying to think of a negative, maybe just communication a little before I flew out there...

Let me know if you have anymore questions, I was a little skeptical but I was prepared to fly back if there was any funny business.

First, it was a long time ago when I had my issues and my current RAM goes to the other dealer. They aren't great either (customer service) but I don't give DD my money again. Fooled once... If the price is good/great and you don't need to go to them for service, that's great too. They are close to the airport so that's nice! I'm glad it worked out for you and others and when I got my truck I never contacted them (maybe I should have for a reference point). I did call Dave Smith (north Idaho) and they really give me that great of a deal so I kept up my search.

Boz

Observer
No, I've seen guys run 37's and even 38's with no lift with some trimming on the 17+. Most do a 2" level and 37's, 4" clears 38's and a 6" will put you on 40's all day long. I think if someone made an aftermarket fender for these new trucks like those from AEV or those on the MegaRaptor, then a 2.5-4" lift in combo with the fenders would be plenty for 40's. Most simply don't want or need 40's, very impractical for 95% of owners.

I just put a 4" lift on my '17 with 37's, it could easily clear 38's, lets just say there are mild regrets lol. But all in all I am happy with where it is, they are so darn high as it is, making them even bigger just complicates things even more ergonomically.

Love the transformation on your truck, I can't wait to see it completed. Any word on when the bumper will be back in stock? BTW, your cousins truck is sick and I am no fan of the Chebby, but a square body is the exception and one with a 12V is even more awesome.

threadjack
22893993_565259623811828_6137344470137530297_n.jpg

http://dbldesign.com/products-fenders/
/threadjack

Explorerinil

Observer
+1 on the White Knuckle Offroad Sliders. I have them on my '15 and they fit perfect and are extremely stout. I opted for the .188" wall with the full top plate and have no doubts about them holding up to the abuse. I ordered mine and told them the truck has the 3" carli suspension and the front mounts came already modified to work with the suspension. Great attention to detail, you definitely get what you pay for.

I have the same sliders on my truck, I have every aev accessory other than a carli backcountry 3 inch suspension. Did you have trouble getting the sliders to fit? I got a horrible squeak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne