2017 RAM 2500c Build. Tradesman---->AEV'ish

Austo

Observer
Awesome! I got a set, what I learned is get 3 people total, install will be allot easier, also remove passenger rear floor storage bin first.

I'm ignorant on this but why only the passenger side storage bin? Are you referring to the ones under the back seat?

Explorerinil

Observer
I'm ignorant on this but why only the passenger side storage bin? Are you referring to the ones under the back seat?

Once you get in there u will see why, if you get a bad vibration and or squeak once installed let me know and I'll give you some pointers on that. Just remember to mount the bars as low as you can, tighten top bolts first then bottom.

Austo

Observer
Once you get in there u will see why, if you get a bad vibration and or squeak once installed let me know and I’ll give you some pointers on that. Just remember to mount the bars as low as you can, tighten top bolts first then bottom.

Thanks a ton for the advice!

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Mine were the .188 wall with a full top plate (HEAVY). I was able to install them with the help of one more person, a floor jack, and two jack stands.

Both people pick up the slider and set it onto the floor jack
One person balances the slider while the other jacks it up
Get it close to position and put the jack stands underneath to support it
Fine tune location and bolt it up!

Took me ~30-45 Mins per side to get them on. White Knuckle made everything pretty straight forward. I had to request it but the front mount fit perfect with the Carli radius arm drop bracket! The front mounts did slightly make contact with the body. Not enough to not be able to install the sliders but enough to cause squeaking. I "massaged" the metal out of the way with an air hammer and hit it with rubber undercoating. This took another half hour or so.

As @Explorerinil said, take out the bins/coolers before hand. I removed both. It makes it easier to fine tune where the sliders mount and after they are bolted on, you can reinstall them. This also gave me time to add foam to the outer layer of the box that you don't see (you will see what I mean) to provide more insulation for beverages.

Another tip I received which I found helpful was to mark with a piece of masking tape the center of the cab and another piece to mark the center of the slider. I am a little OCD and needed both sides to match

Austo

Observer
Mine were the .188 wall with a full top plate (HEAVY). I was able to install them with the help of one more person, a floor jack, and two jack stands.

Both people pick up the slider and set it onto the floor jack
One person balances the slider while the other jacks it up
Get it close to position and put the jack stands underneath to support it
Fine tune location and bolt it up!

Took me ~30-45 Mins per side to get them on. White Knuckle made everything pretty straight forward. I had to request it but the front mount fit perfect with the Carli radius arm drop bracket! The front mounts did slightly make contact with the body. Not enough to not be able to install the sliders but enough to cause squeaking. I "massaged" the metal out of the way with an air hammer and hit it with rubber undercoating. This took another half hour or so.

As @Explorerinil said, take out the bins/coolers before hand. I removed both. It makes it easier to fine tune where the sliders mount and after they are bolted on, you can reinstall them. This also gave me time to add foam to the outer layer of the box that you don't see (you will see what I mean) to provide more insulation for beverages.

Another tip I received which I found helpful was to mark with a piece of masking tape the center of the cab and another piece to mark the center of the slider. I am a little OCD and needed both sides to match

Really appreciate all these tips, did you just do spray can foam on the coolers?

Gibby56

Desert Rat
Exactly! I looked for a can with the longest nozzle I could find and put it everywhere I could. If you have used the foam before, im sure you know that a little bit goes a long way..

The foam actually helped significantly. I was surprised. I put the foam in between the middle and outer layer of the bin. When you go to pull yours out you will see the main inset pulls out, then there are the screws that hold the lid on to remove, and I think there is another set od screws that hold it down under the lid? Anyways, once its all unbolted you can pull the remaining portion of the bins up through the floor of the cab. This is when you'll see the two portions I put the foam in.

Point being, you would never see the foam I added unless you tried to take the bins completely apart. You can pull the bin out and not see the foam because it is under the inside layer.. Hopefully my rambling made sense and was helpful haha

Austo

Observer
Exactly! I looked for a can with the longest nozzle I could find and put it everywhere I could. If you have used the foam before, im sure you know that a little bit goes a long way..

The foam actually helped significantly. I was surprised. I put the foam in between the middle and outer layer of the bin. When you go to pull yours out you will see the main inset pulls out, then there are the screws that hold the lid on to remove, and I think there is another set od screws that hold it down under the lid? Anyways, once its all unbolted you can pull the remaining portion of the bins up through the floor of the cab. This is when you'll see the two portions I put the foam in.

Point being, you would never see the foam I added unless you tried to take the bins completely apart. You can pull the bin out and not see the foam because it is under the inside layer.. Hopefully my rambling made sense and was helpful haha

Perfect! Makes complete sense now!

Austo

Observer
Thanks again to everyone for the advice and instructions. Really impressed with White Knuckle and their quality, they also did some loop steps instead of the full rail. I was "kindly" :rolleyes: asked to get some side-steps and I admit it is easier to get in and out of. I liked the HDX a lot but I really wanted the protection of rock sliders. I think this was a good compromise. Oh, AEV mudflaps installed as well, got it all done right before Snow on Easter, Spring where ya at?

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG

Explorerinil

Observer
Thanks again to everyone for the advice and instructions. Really impressed with White Knuckle and their quality, they also did some loop steps instead of the full rail. I was "kindly" :rolleyes: asked to get some side-steps and I admit it is easier to get in and out of. I liked the HDX a lot but I really wanted the protection of rock sliders. I think this was a good compromise. Oh, AEV mudflaps installed as well, got it all done right before Snow on Easter, Spring where ya at?

View attachment 440829View attachment 440830View attachment 440831View attachment 440832View attachment 440833View attachment 440834
Looks awesome, John at white knuckle fabs some great sliders. We got a surprise 1 inch snow on Easter also, just cleaned the truck now it’s all dirty again.

Austo

Observer
Has anyone installed an on Air Supply? I'm trying to think of the best spot to mount mine, presumably just under the front hood but was also thinking under the back seats? Thoughts and would love to see pictures of your set-up!!

ARB.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior