2017 RAM 2500c Build. Tradesman---->AEV'ish

blackdmax15

Observer
I had the same issue on the passenger front side of the slider. I ended up using a different washer (the big washer is what was grinding against the body) and the slid the inside plate as low as possible and bolted the bottom first, then the top to kind of sandwich the bracket down as low as possible. No more noise but if it comes back I may grind down the washer.

Austo

Observer
I have had good luck with morimoto products, the wiring is there just zip tied up, you may need to have the dealer activate the fogs in the computer. I bet the led would cause a light out alert with the factory button, you may want to just wire them up separately.

Thanks for the info!

Austo

Observer
Finally got around to installing the bumper and winch! I'm used to Toyotas, its shocking how heavy some of these parts are. Between the Winch and Bumper I'm at about 400 pounds on the front end. Drives the same but you can feel the weight if you hit a dip or bump, not a big deal...

Really happy with the Bumper and the quality. I haven't put the Winch through work but I've always been happy with Warn (tbd). The fog-lights are great but since I didn't have OEM fog-lights initially, I did have to source some parts from RockAuto.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Finally got around to installing the bumper and winch! I'm used to Toyotas, its shocking how heavy some of these parts are. Between the Winch and Bumper I'm at about 400 pounds on the front end. Drives the same but you can feel the weight if you hit a dip or bump, not a big deal...

Really happy with the Bumper and the quality. I haven't put the Winch through work but I've always been happy with Warn (tbd). The fog-lights are great but since I didn't have OEM fog-lights initially, I did have to source some parts from RockAuto.

Looks great.

I notice you’re running the morimoto fogs. How do you like those? Since you didn’t have factory fogs I wonder what your impression is of them.

Also I see you’re running the extended flares. Can you post a picture of them down the side of your truck so I can see how far they stick out?
Have they held up? Any issues with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austo

Observer
Looks great.

I notice you’re running the morimoto fogs. How do you like those? Since you didn’t have factory fogs I wonder what your impression is of them.

Also I see you’re running the extended flares. Can you post a picture of them down the side of your truck so I can see how far they stick out?
Have they held up? Any issues with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the Morimoto Fogs, they appear a little smaller than I wanted but they look great on and off, good quality.... Not sure if I said this but they are the Bushwacker flares and not the AEV larger ones, they seem to be a good middle ground between AEV and OEM.

Here are a few pictures, let me know if you need another angle....

Explorerinil

Observer
My toyo rt’s are about shot and I’m thinking of either going larger or getting some 37x13.50 toyo mt, do you get much rub with the 13.50’s?

Austo

Observer
My toyo rt’s are about shot and I’m thinking of either going larger or getting some 37x13.50 toyo mt, do you get much rub with the 13.50’s?

When I had the OEM bumper I had to do minimal trimming of the plastic lower valance... Other than that no rubbing.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I am at about 22k and they are at the tread wear bars... I don’t think the d rated tires like the heavy cummins combined with the AEV bumper and winch.

I just realized that mine are a Load Range D as well, hopefully I get more out of mine than that and if not I'll be claiming the 40K mile warranty against them. I have the gas motor and the factory bumper so there's a 600lb difference there, hopefully that's the difference needed to gain those extra 10,000 miles out fo them.

By the time mine are ready to go I'll likely have fenders and a wider offset/backspace wheel in a 17" size which will allow me to run the 37x13.50R17 MT in a Load Range E. But then again I'll likely want 40's by then too lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000