Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 RAM 2500c Build. Tradesman---->AEV'ish

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Your rearview mirror.
    Posts
    5,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Austo View Post
    That's amazing!
    Looks neat, but its gonna be loud and not drive that well.
    Well, a hooker would get the joke.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Austo View Post
    Winch arrived but AEV's sold out of their front bumpers and "mud guards"... on HOLD


    Tires arrived, TOYO Open Country 37x13.5


    Cousin stopped by in his square body, headed out for a month, truck has a Cummins 5.9 with around 500 HP. Gets a few uncle Eddie looks but an awesome rig if people knew what they were looking at


    Installing AEV lift, wheels, and tires. BushWacker fender flares painted and added also. Finally starting to de-Grandpa the truck.....


    Some Mall Crawling pictures coming until I can hit the road.

    Is anyone running some rock sliders on these that they like? Or at least some tightly tucked side steps? Thanks
    This is one good looking truck. Digging the black on white, and the lift to tires looks spot on. AEV is definitely quality gear.
    What are your thoughts for the bed? Camper, Shell, or rack with tent?

  3. #33



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 CCSB Tradesman 2500 -- G56 -- AEV dualsport -- AEV Katla -- 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T -- 315/70r17 Nokian Hakkapeliitta -- AEV bumper -- VisionX 6.7" light cannon -- Warn 16.5TI -- Mopar flares -- 8.4" Uconnect swap w/ customtronix jailbreak (front/rear/trailer cam) -- 3.73 gears w/ ARB front and rear -- Switch-Pros 8100
    Edit/Delete Message

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Comanche Scott View Post
    This is one good looking truck. Digging the black on white, and the lift to tires looks spot on. AEV is definitely quality gear.
    What are your thoughts for the bed? Camper, Shell, or rack with tent?
    Thanks! I'm found a few Shells on Craigslist, thinking I'll start out with that and see how it goes.... Little Camper would be awesome but I figure start out small and see how or what my needs are.... Thoughts?
    2017 RAM 2500 AEV Build
    http:/http://forum.expeditionportal....man-gt-AEV-ish
    1989 Toyota 4-Runner
    2012 Merc E63


    1992 Toyota Pickup. SAS and 3.4 conversion SOLD
    2008 SuperCharged Range Rover Sport SOLD

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorerinil View Post
    I have the same sliders on my truck, I have every aev accessory other than a carli backcountry 3 inch suspension. Did you have trouble getting the sliders to fit? I got a horrible squeak.

    Austo, No build thread yet. Im waiting to get a Four Wheel Camper on it then I'll probably start one. Right now I am using a bed tent and a roll up Lund cover for trips. I have mainly done desert/dune trips so its been more speed based stuff. This spring and summer I plan to explore the sierras and take some nice pictures.

    Explorerinil, Yea the top of the the frame mount for the sliders was making contact with the body of the cab underneath near the body mount. I "gently" massaged it out of the way with an air hammer and covered it in undercoating paint. Problem solved!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby56 View Post
    Austo, No build thread yet. Im waiting to get a Four Wheel Camper on it then I'll probably start one. Right now I am using a bed tent and a roll up Lund cover for trips. I have mainly done desert/dune trips so its been more speed based stuff. This spring and summer I plan to explore the sierras and take some nice pictures.

    Explorerinil, Yea the top of the the frame mount for the sliders was making contact with the body of the cab underneath near the body mount. I "gently" massaged it out of the way with an air hammer and covered it in undercoating paint. Problem solved!
    My mounts just had a date with the grinder, no more squeak. I called John when awhile ago, he said he had a carli equipped ram with a camper at his shop, otherwise he said he didn’t make to many for carli equipped trucks... was that truck yours?
    2016 Ram 3500 Tradesman 4x4, CTD, Aisin, AEV, Warn 16.5, Carli Backcountry, Toyo, Factor 55, ARE topper, ETC.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Austo View Post
    Thanks! I'm found a few Shells on Craigslist, thinking I'll start out with that and see how it goes.... Little Camper would be awesome but I figure start out small and see how or what my needs are.... Thoughts?
    I think your idea is excellent!
    Some awesome caps for cheap money out there used. If you don't like it, you can turn around and sell to someone else.
    The great part is you'll have time to get out and use it, to really figure out what you want.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorerinil View Post
    My mounts just had a date with the grinder, no more squeak. I called John when awhile ago, he said he had a carli equipped ram with a camper at his shop, otherwise he said he didn’t make to many for carli equipped trucks... was that truck yours?
    I wish! No camper yet. Just a bed tent and air mattress for now

    Sweet truck BTW, Austo! I really like how these truck look in white. I was between the white and granite crystal and ended up going the gc. How much did you have to trim for the 37's?

    How is the AEV lift working out? I have seen some people having issues with the widened hole in the knuckle for the drag link opening up over time. I do prefer the angle of the drag link coming in from the top like the AEV package, I just get nervous when I see things like that pop up.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby56 View Post
    I wish! No camper yet. Just a bed tent and air mattress for now

    Sweet truck BTW, Austo! I really like how these truck look in white. I was between the white and granite crystal and ended up going the gc. How much did you have to trim for the 37's?

    How is the AEV lift working out? I have seen some people having issues with the widened hole in the knuckle for the drag link opening up over time. I do prefer the angle of the drag link coming in from the top like the AEV package, I just get nervous when I see things like that pop up.
    I don’t have the AEV kit, I’ve heard to many horror stories about trac bar failures and bushing problems. I run 37’s with aev rims, there is a slight rub at full lock, I cut about an inch of plastic off the fender with a dremel tool. I like the aev kit allot since it moves the axle forward, I hope they get the bushings and knuckle issue fixed.
    2016 Ram 3500 Tradesman 4x4, CTD, Aisin, AEV, Warn 16.5, Carli Backcountry, Toyo, Factor 55, ARE topper, ETC.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Comanche Scott View Post
    I think your idea is excellent!
    Some awesome caps for cheap money out there used. If you don't like it, you can turn around and sell to someone else.
    The great part is you'll have time to get out and use it, to really figure out what you want.
    Sounds like a plan...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby56 View Post
    I wish! No camper yet. Just a bed tent and air mattress for now

    Sweet truck BTW, Austo! I really like how these truck look in white. I was between the white and granite crystal and ended up going the gc. How much did you have to trim for the 37's?

    How is the AEV lift working out? I have seen some people having issues with the widened hole in the knuckle for the drag link opening up over time. I do prefer the angle of the drag link coming in from the top like the AEV package, I just get nervous when I see things like that pop up.
    I didn't trim any....

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorerinil View Post
    I donít have the AEV kit, Iíve heard to many horror stories about trac bar failures and bushing problems. I run 37ís with aev rims, there is a slight rub at full lock, I cut about an inch of plastic off the fender with a dremel tool. I like the aev kit allot since it moves the axle forward, I hope they get the bushings and knuckle issue fixed.
    We'll see how the AEV kit works, I will have to keep an eye on this issues! Is there a thread you read the complaints on, or is it so drastic I can just search?
    2017 RAM 2500 AEV Build
    http:/http://forum.expeditionportal....man-gt-AEV-ish
    1989 Toyota 4-Runner
    2012 Merc E63


    1992 Toyota Pickup. SAS and 3.4 conversion SOLD
    2008 SuperCharged Range Rover Sport SOLD

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •