LR4 spare tire options

iowalr4

Adventurer
I have just the carrier and did so intentionally b/c these trucks are heavy enough-and I don't tend to slam her rear into things all that much. Haven't regretted that choice, yet.
r-
Ray

Those are probably great for most people, I agree. I like the idea of the steel for a couple reasons.

1. if you are off road and you drag the ***, the factory bumper cover can get ripped off.
2. I had the side step things put on my T44 bumper. They are handy for climbing to the back when im trailering my boat (to avoid that slimy slippery green ramp sludge or even having to get your shoes wet when hooking up the boat to the trailer)

I also just like the idea that minor traffic bumps and me backing into crap (I admit, I have hit concrete support in a parking garage, trees, picnic table, things of that nature.)

rlynch356

Defyota
I have the tactical rear bumper with tire carrier and dual Jerry can holders... the rear access isn’t that bad if the swing outs are adjusted right. Takes some getting use to and fiddling with the adjustments.

Ray_G

Explorer
I don't own this but came across this product recently. Seems like they thought of everything and wanted to offer this as a potential. https://www.wilcooffroad.com/shop/hitchgate-solo/

That may have merit from the 'non permanent' solution angle which is rather desirable for many. Could certainly be useful for someone that wants the tire back there for trips but doesn't want it back there day to day as it detracts from the ease of use of the superb tailgate (i.e. why I don't mount mine most of the time). The downside to be optimal you'd probably also want to have something like the Rhino hitch to retain what departure angle we have-so all told you are in $1k which is basically bumper territory. Still, for someone that doesn't want to chop up their truck or modify it, could certainly be a viable solution.
r-
Ray

SHS14

I agree Ray. The option was in line with your earlier point, unless armor is required. The good thing here is it can be transferred to a new project (anything with a hitch) and it doesn’t impact towing. I encourage those who are interested, to look at the other products on their site.

Best,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Jwestpro

Explorer
Anyone talked to Kaymar lately? I would like a new jerry can swing and can't find a current USA seller. I like the extra 2 LED rear brake/signal/flasher lamps in the kaymar design and there's just enough room on the corners to step up on as well.

El Solis

Adventurer
Yup, emailed them last month. Wanted a rear bumper with tire carrier and Jerry can holder. Got the extra bits for camera relocation etc. here is my quote in Australian dollars. Current conversion makes it $3561 plus shipping etc from Long Beach. Too much for me so I’m going to see if a guy who just moved to N Cal and joined the Rover Club who fabs Toyota bumpers etc and wants to get into LRs will make me a Kaymar replica. Needs a LR4 for measurements so we are working on a deal.

2db44f534c9991e83cbb90722dcd2c64.jpg

iowalr4

Adventurer
Why not a tactical rovers bumper? Eric is good to work with, He might be willing to make some changes for you if you wish and he already has a bumper design with great fitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles