Suspension Seat Isuzu NPS crew Cab

4x4 Truck

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has fitted a suspension seat to an NPS Crew Cab , though the ride is good id like to have something that would deal with more rough roads . I've searched the web and came up with Stratos 300LTSSS but i'm unsure they have a crew cab fitment model .
Any help would be much appreciated .
http://www.stratos.com.au/page/stratos-3000-LTSS

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I am pretty sure there is an Isuzu kit for the Stratos seats, as ATW fit these (as they do on the Fuso). If you cannot find anything, give ATW a call and I am pretty sure they will help you out, especially given that you have been one of their customers.
I should add... I have the Stratos seats in my truck and I have never been impressed with them, plus they cost a lot of money for a pretty cheaply built seat.

steve66

Observer
Hi Trakka,

I've just being thru this myself.

The only aftermarket suspension seat that fits these cabs, afaik, is the Stratos, also known as KAB to some suppliers (KAB own Stratos).

The part number for the front passenger seat is 904LH (LH just means the adjustment knob is on the LHS but either would fit these cabs, just in case you find a 2nd hand one), these are the same as that get fitted to landcruisers.

When I bought my truck 2 years ago Stratos did not have a fitting kit for the passenger side, ATW have their own kit, as I wasn't sure if I wanted to change the seat I bawked at the $2800 all fitted/certified price from ATW and just bought their fitting kit (2 rails and bolts/plates) approx $140.

I bought a new seat 2 months ago thru TJM for $1940 but couldn't get the ATW mounts to fit, turns out I needed to order the slide rails as well from Stratos, the mount rails bolt to these, another $280. At this time Stratos queried TJM why I only wanted the slide rails as they now offer a full fitting kit for the passenger side of an Isuzu. i didn't bother asking the price as already had my other ones.

My engineer is happy with the ATW set up.

I have a full set of photos from ATW which show the mounting points if your interested, just PM me your email.

In hindsight I should have just got ATW to do the lot.

Cheers Steve

trackadda

Observer
hi steve , i only put the seats r us link up for 4X4 TRUCK as i thought it might help him out, i have never used them, i just saw their add the other day. when i bought my 2007 single cab it had 2 stratos seats already fitted and blue plated. all i had to do was redo all mounts that were used as it was a **** job and rattled and squarked. hopefully they will be ok when i finaly get it on the road

Apologies if this doesn't relate directly to op. But it is a question about aftermarket seats. Are the only options for Fuso or indeed Isuzu, new seats along the lines of Stratos Recaro etc or has anyone fitted say for sale of example Commodore or Celica or whatever seats to replace the church pews?? Very interested in Queenslanders who have achieved this. Understand that engineers and mod plates may be involved. Any outlets that do these on a regular basis...aware of ATW. Thanks, Neil

gait

Explorer
Apologies if this doesn't relate directly to op. But it is a question about aftermarket seats. Are the only options for Fuso or indeed Isuzu, new seats along the lines of Stratos Recaro etc or has anyone fitted say for sale of example Commodore or Celica or whatever seats to replace the church pews?? Very interested in Queenslanders who have achieved this. Understand that engineers and mod plates may be involved. Any outlets that do these on a regular basis...aware of ATW. Thanks, Neil

I changed seats in a Coaster bus, to electrically adjusted Lexus. Has to be a chain of fasteners of correct size and "backing plate" of correct area from body, for seat and seat belts. Yes, Qld engineer involved and mod plate. Constraint for Canter with suspension seats seems to be headroom. Shouldn't be a problem for conventional seats.

I found the original Canter seats reasonably good. Well matched to steering wheel and pedals. Good back support for me. I changed to suspension seats to reduce jarring from suspension (post singles, pre parabolics).

Reddogtheo

Observer
I searched the net for about 6 months and found a new pair of stratos suspension seats on gumtree with the canter mounting kit and new mortel seat covers cost $1800. I also saw many single stratos seats sell from people who put the original seats back in to sell there truck. Grays on line have a lot of council gear came up and these seats pop up now and again I have found they sell for about $600. so if you are willing to wait and look you will find them at the right price.
PS I have found the the seat mounts seem to change your driving position and make long trips bad on my back so I have changed mine. firstly I removed the back seat plastic to get the seat to go bake another 20mm and raised the rear of the seat by 35mm so I did not feel like I was in a sitting in a hole.

Mick

gait

Explorer
......PS I have found the the seat mounts seem to change your driving position and make long trips bad on my back..........Mick

driving position is very different. The "ridge" across the front can be hard on the thighs. I have a thin cushion in the hole. Hadn't thought of raising the rear. Plus is the long trips were longer at higher speed with original springs. No idea with parabolics but we've had some very long days.

steve66

Observer
Agreed they are expensive new, I missed out on a few 2nd hand and in the end had to bite the bullet and go new.

Being the co-pilots chair they can get a bit fussy about hand me downs as well :)

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I obviously have a different view about seats than some have discussed here.

Personally, I prefer to sit "in" a seat, not "on" it. If the seat supports you well, then there is less need for your muscles to do that task and the result is less fatigue.
I used to have a set of Scheel race seats, that I made some minor modifications to the bolsters, and it fit me like a mould. I never got any driver fatigue, and I drove about 50K per year in that vehicle.

Everybody is different and for that reason I do not think that there a "one size fits all" solution here.
As I have mentioned previously, I dislike the Stratos seats I have fitted in my truck, as I do not find them supportive or all that comfortable. Maybe that's just me, but I don't think they are a good seat.

The other significant thing I do not like about the Stratos seats is the actual suspension mechanism, as the more upright you make the seat, the less effective the mechanism becomes.

4x4 Truck

Well today I fitted the Stratos seat Part SS904RH-927 . Took me about 1 hour that's including installing some sound/heat proofing under the seat . I took it for a drive and its a major difference , took me about 1/2 hour to get the right spring load setting adjusted but after that it was sorted and smooth . I have both arm rest and lumber support fitted they make the seat relay comfy , next I'll be ordering the passenger side.

26167006_10155505123889355_2517901694727290000_n.jpg

26195537_10155505123809355_5048792054686673145_n.jpg

26113752_10155505123859355_5638438152640369171_n.jpg

Agree with sitting in. I feel because the standard 637 seats are flat they do not envelope much and while not too uncomfortable,they definitely don't assist when it comes to vehicle control as it is difficult to stabilize especially on uneven roads and surfaces. My truck has low ks so the seats would be as is from factory pretty much.

As a way of limiting cost and bureaucracy has anyone investigated getting the originals re-shaped and perhaps re-covered at a motor trimmer???
Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles