Exploring overland reviews the new JL

dmoo

id like to see some sort of a long term test for the diesel, see how it does for economy and maintenance.

link worked fine for me. no virus/pop up issues.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Great article.

It is hard to stay unbiased with all the positive reviews.
In fact it's really hard for folks like me, who sold their incredibly capable JKs and bought trucks... lol

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I have now been able to drive a JL sport. It was indeed quite nice. Luckily, I was able to do a test drive of a JK within the same visit. The interior of the JL has, in my taste, been greatly improved. The ride quality was improved as well and the 8 speed auto felt well matched to the 3.6l.

When the time comes, I will have zero reservations about buying the JL.

maguro

As someone who's thinking of buying a new JL for both a daily driver and overlanding vehicle, I was really pleased to see a review which focused on overlanding.

The review definitely solidifies my interest in the JL but I'll probably order in the spring as I take in the input from the actual owners. That works out fine since I'm interested in a JL in Mojito, which isn't available yet.

Oh yeah, just an FYI to part 2 of the review. The anti slip differential option that's mentioned for the Sport comes with a Dana 44 rear axle. If I was living in the US, I'd probably go with his option #1 and get the basic Sport. Unfortunately for us Canadians, our cheapest Sport Unlimited is only around $6000 less than the cheapest Rubicon Unlimited. By the time you add options conducive to overlanding which are standard in the Rubicon, you might as well go the extra distance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles