Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My little adventure rig project 2001 honda CRV

Default My little adventure rig project 2001 honda CRV

Hi all. Pretty new here. Ive always loved this forum for all the cool builds and adventures to read about. About a year ago i picked up a 2001 Honda CRV through my work. The customer had not taken care of it very well and the engine threw a rod. Picked it up for $500 and after that just started with repairs. After the new engine i started saving for more fun things. First was the ASR skid plate for a little added protection underneath. Also added a lift, BF Goodrich all terrains, element rear diff, and bull bar. Planning on also doing a sleeping platform and storage. Well thats it for now so I'm just going to put some pictures up.

IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg

This looks pretty cool. If I may ask, what is the benefit of the Element rear differential vs. the stock CRV one?

Very cool

Quote Originally Posted by utherjorge View Post
    This looks pretty cool. If I may ask, what is the benefit of the Element rear differential vs. the stock CRV one?
    iirc better clutch plates, or maybe more of them... either way I think they engage better/quicker.

cool project and nice to see more hondas popping up. what motor did you put back in it, another b20?

Quote Originally Posted by utherjorge View Post
    The element rear diff was improved over the crv one in that the dual pumps have more pressure and also better clutches in it. Basically quicker and another engagement. They also donít heat up as quickly as the old crv diffs which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
    iirc better clutch plates, or maybe more of them... either way I think they engage better/quicker.

cool project and nice to see more hondas popping up. what motor did you put back in it, another b20?
    Yeah just another B20 for now. Though there is a K24 engine sitting around at work that Iím toying with possibly sticking in it. Though it would be a lot more work.

So is it better off road now with the element diff? Was always disappointed in the CRVs performance... But I never drove an element.

Quote Originally Posted by Haf-E View Post
    So is it better off road now with the element diff? Was always disappointed in the CRVs performance... But I never drove an element.
    It's pretty good. Been waiting for some real snow to see how much better it handles in that but not a lot of luck on that front as of yet. It's still no real 4X4 but I make it work so far.

This weekend I improved the headlights by installing a projector kit. Went pretty well and I like the end result much better!
    B03848AE-DB0D-4E5C-BB3D-69EC60407FFB.jpg5984A455-0EB3-45D4-80D1-0A920841D932.jpg
    Last edited by hondadude; 01-02-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast