Adventure CRV ongoing build

hondadude

Instagram profile @dahlenadventures
That magnetic mic hold is cool. Good strength magnet? Bumpy roads won’t knock it off?

Was the euro crv equipped with adjustable lights? Always wanted those for my wagon but never found a good enough deal to justify the purchase.

Squirters are a great idea for muddy trails! I’ve rigged up squirters for cooling my tires at autoxs by using the rear wiper pump since it was a worthless option anyway. Would be pretty easy to do the same with the headlights. Would just need to find an actual headlight cleaning nozzle though. Don’t think a windshield one would be very effective.

Oh, and it was the red hazzard button that really tipped me off, lol.

Haha! Yeah the hazard switch is jdm. I just liked that it was different. euro version crv came with headlight washers as well and I've found a few people selling the nozzles and the correct pump, so eventually I'll set that up once money permits. If shipping isn't too much I found crv headlight adjuster motors for sale in Britain I also plan on getting. Wiring shouldn't be too hard either since I've done it already on my 92 civic ;). How's your crv coming along? Have you started and thread for it yet? Oh and the magnet is quite strong though I haven't tested the hold off road yet since I don't have an antenna setup yet for it.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
no thread yet. now that I cant spend hours and hours screwing off online with the new job I haven't got around to setting up an account to replace photobucket. I started a thread about offroad Hondas a while ago, but it got derailed and there wasn't much Honda interest here, so I never really pressed the issue. plus I haven't really done much offroad with the crv yet either. generally if we are going offroad, we are in the van, but now that camping season is over our local guide will start doing daytrips again. once I have a few trips under the belt ill end up with some pix to share and ill start something then. other then that, my only Honda offroad story is that we got to be the 00 car at the Idaho rally a few weeks back. was a freaking blast. I knew those guys were crazy, but after getting to drive the course before them on each stage, now I really appreciate the speeds those crazy bastards carry, lol.

hondadude

Well I recently had some time to get a couple more additions to the V. I decided that I wanted to have an extra work space and area to cook on when out in the back country. So I ordered a fold up table from Front Runner Outfitters for swing out tailgates. Install wasn't too hard thankfully, just took a little modifying to the tailgate to get it the way I wanted.

First off I removed the factory trim cover and re-routed the wire harness behind so as to not have it in my way. Sadly at the time that I did that I didn't take any pictures and for that I'm sorry :( But here's what the factory cover looks like.
45418618815_3e2e5f12d6_c.jpg

I then used threaded inserts for the mounting of the table to the tailgate.

46331194311_4c5eefa968_c.jpg
32459084898_55862a81ee_c.jpg

45607797584_82be1c6984_c.jpg

Once that was done I just installed it and it was done! Only thing left that I haven't done is clean up around the table. Plan on making the holes that are still there into storage compartments.

45607798214_808d3ef44a_c.jpg

44514471320_4522b204bf_c.jpg

jfman

Just curious here as I am an ex honda guy. Is there a way to throw a Final Drive with an LSD and a steeper gear in there to accommodate for the bigger tires?

Like the final drive from a B18C5 trans?

hondadude

Just curious here as I am an ex honda guy. Is there a way to throw a Final Drive with an LSD and a steeper gear in there to accommodate for the bigger tires?

Like the final drive from a B18C5 trans?

I'm sure there is but I'm not completely sure since I haven't really looked into it. Reason I wouldn't want to do that is then gas mileage would go down even more. The tire size I'm running isn't that much bigger than stock so I don't have that much of a loss in power.

plh

Explorer
Having owned (3 year lease) a 1997 CR-V, 2000 CR-V, 2003 Element, 2006 CR-V, 2009 CR-V I can't imagine doing any off-roading in any of these. Actually the 2009 was probably the worst vehicle I've ever owned for snow traction (including other 2wd cars) - darned scary.

hondadude

Having owned (3 year lease) a 1997 CR-V, 2000 CR-V, 2003 Element, 2006 CR-V, 2009 CR-V I can't imagine doing any off-roading in any of these. Actually the 2009 was probably the worst vehicle I've ever owned for snow traction (including other 2wd cars) - darned scary.

well serious offroading I wouldn't do but it hasn't let me down yet. Been taking it all over central Oregon and done great so far. Just did some snowy trails this weekend. Wasn't the easiest at times mind you but I didn't get stuck so that's something haha! But the newer ones I wouldn't do it with because they would suck for it.

utherjorge

Observer
Have you been out with that table attached? That's exactly what I want to do with mine, add it on my rear tailgate. Any rattling?

hondadude

Have you been out with that table attached? That's exactly what I want to do with mine, add it on my rear tailgate. Any rattling?

There was a little bit of rattle in the center of it where the back was coming in contact with the tailgate. I just added some felt tape to the tailgate and it’s quiet now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles