Adventure CRV ongoing build

hondadude

Instagram profile @dahlenadventures
^^^ if youre ever in eastern Oregon i would love to meet up and see what that thing can do offroad. I'm on the fence about building a crv or just finishing my wagon. the true viscous coupler and sl gear along with much beefier rear axles keeps me from getting to motivated about building a crv. then i get in one and absolutely love all the room and (more) modern amenities (cc, pwr locks/windows, etc) compared to my itty bitty pos 89 wagon.

I live in eastern oregon! Bend Oregon is east. Lots of places to go around here too. I do need to replace the clutch before I go to crazy with it thats for sure.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
^^^ we spend a lot of time camping and exploring in the owhyee desert. last weekend was our first camping trip this year and we spent a couple night at succor creek. ill pm you when we decide to travel a little deeper into the state and maybe we could meet up if the stars align. theres definitely a few places I want to go explore and a few of them aren't too far away from bend.

If you have civic wagon awd you might be sitting on a lil gold nugget, these are really hard to find now so perhaps you could make some extra money selling if you wish to for a CRV.

got a couple of them actually. the rt's are a little more hard to find, but all 4th gen civics are rare around here anymore. hardly see them in the salvage yards either. kinda sucks :(

hondadude

^^^ That could be fun! Just let me know when you might plan and we'll see if it can work out.

hondadude

That looks great. How much water have you tried to get through with that?
Not much yet. That was the first time doing a water crossing honestly haha! I want to find more though. I’ve seen some go pretty deep for a CRV but at the same time I’d be a little worried doing that just because of ruining electrical components inside the vehicle if it was real deep.

nakedjordan

This is an awesome thread! I actually follow "silver_rd1" on Instagram and I've seen pictures of your crv on his page. I've got a bone stock crv back home (I'm currently living in New Zealand) and I've been gathering ideas of stuff to do to it when I get home to BC Canada. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. I don't think it was mentioned but what tires are you running?

hondadude

This is an awesome thread! I actually follow "silver_rd1" on Instagram and I've seen pictures of your crv on his page. I've got a bone stock crv back home (I'm currently living in New Zealand) and I've been gathering ideas of stuff to do to it when I get home to BC Canada. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. I don't think it was mentioned but what tires are you running?

Thanks man I really appreciate it! It's been a fun build so far and i have quite a few other plans for it as well. He's a cool guy and it's nice living fairly close to someone else who is also working hard to make a capable fun little V like I am. If you ever get a chance you should follow me on instagram too! My handle is solman02. I think its great that more people are getting these little suv's outfitted and in the dirt. I mean sure its not a jeep but its still very impressive what they can do. The tires I'm running are BF Goodrich allterrains KO2 215/75R15. It's nice because they are a little bit bigger but not too big to where they rub a lot or rob lots of power. I mean these things already don't have a ton of power so you done want to steel it away if you don't have to.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
...I think its great that more people are getting these little suv's outfitted and in the dirt. I mean sure its not a jeep but its still very impressive what they can do...

I agree. I finally found a good enough deal and picked one up too. ive done lift, tires, and a few cosmetic things but that's about it. I guess I should start a thread huh?

hondadude

I agree. I finally found a good enough deal and picked one up too. ive done lift, tires, and a few cosmetic things but that's about it. I guess I should start a thread huh?

Nice! That's a good start! Mostly all I have done to mine too with just a few other things. Yep you need to start a thread and an instagram page too ;)

nakedjordan

Thanks man I really appreciate it! It's been a fun build so far and i have quite a few other plans for it as well. He's a cool guy and it's nice living fairly close to someone else who is also working hard to make a capable fun little V like I am. If you ever get a chance you should follow me on instagram too! My handle is solman02. I think its great that more people are getting these little suv's outfitted and in the dirt. I mean sure its not a jeep but its still very impressive what they can do. The tires I'm running are BF Goodrich allterrains KO2 215/75R15. It's nice because they are a little bit bigger but not too big to where they rub a lot or rob lots of power. I mean these things already don't have a ton of power so you done want to steel it away if you don't have to.

Yeah I've had bigger 4x4 vehicles and most of the time found I never actually got out anywhere that needed the size of vehicle/tire I had and then it would be ******** to drive on the highway or through town. The crv in stock form has been pretty capable for most places I've taken it so I figured if it got a few minor upgrades it would be a great all around vehicle.

hondadude

Well did a few changes to the interior today. Decided that instead of having the clock in the center of the dash, I removed it and installed my ram mount in it's place. Being right handed makes it easier and is within nice reach. Also added a grab handle to the dash that comes from a Japanese CRV. Doesn't fit quite as good as it would in a right hand drive one but still good. Eventually plan on getting a clamp on ram mount for the grab handle to hold an Ipad for navigation purposes.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
Looks good man! Love the ram mounts. We have one in the van for the ipad and it works great. We set it up so that it can face my navigator most of the time but it can easily be facing me when she’s not with me. Handy stuff for sure!

Am I offbase base assuming youre a jdm slut? Only time I’ve seen that switch on the left under the deck was for adjustable headlights. Only seen that option for the later model shuttles, but it would make sense it crossed over to its big brother. Curious what it’s for if you don’t mind sharing. Not familiar with the other 2 thingamajigs to the right of it either.

My wife would enjoy that grab handle for sure. Is it pretty sturdy?

hondadude

Looks good man! Love the ram mounts. We have one in the van for the ipad and it works great. We set it up so that it can face my navigator most of the time but it can easily be facing me when she’s not with me. Handy stuff for sure!

Am I offbase base assuming youre a jdm slut? Only time I’ve seen that switch on the left under the deck was for adjustable headlights. Only seen that option for the later model shuttles, but it would make sense it crossed over to its big brother. Curious what it’s for if you don’t mind sharing. Not familiar with the other 2 thingamajigs to the right of it either.

My wife would enjoy that grab handle for sure. Is it pretty sturdy?
Yeah I plan on having it over on that side so that it can easily face me or the "co-pilot". HAHA! I'm a little bit of a "jdm slut" but not super crazy. THere are some things that came on the Japanese ones I think are really cool such as the bull bar that I have installed. The headlight adjuster is actually a european option. Right now I only have the switch but eventually I will install adjuster motors to make it functional. Center switch is for headlight washers which will be added later as well. I think the headlight washers will be useful for muddy days in the back country. Far right is a magnetic mic mount I'm trying out. I have a cb radio I've partially installed. Still need to get an antenna.
Untitled by ragingcedar, on Flickr

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
That magnetic mic hold is cool. Good strength magnet? Bumpy roads won’t knock it off?

Was the euro crv equipped with adjustable lights? Always wanted those for my wagon but never found a good enough deal to justify the purchase.

Squirters are a great idea for muddy trails! I’ve rigged up squirters for cooling my tires at autoxs by using the rear wiper pump since it was a worthless option anyway. Would be pretty easy to do the same with the headlights. Would just need to find an actual headlight cleaning nozzle though. Don’t think a windshield one would be very effective.

Oh, and it was the red hazzard button that really tipped me off, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles