i thought i could have the baddest gen1...alas, no way.

lev

Some beautiful specimens there! The MK1 w/ an LS3 on Dana 44s looks interesting :wings:

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I want to resto a Gen 1 SWB with Gen 3 suspension all around, 3.5 or 3.8 V6 and 5 speed auto. I just don't know what I'd do with it when I'm done, i have too many already.

Swift_45a

Observer
I want to resto a Gen 1 SWB with Gen 3 suspension all around, 3.5 or 3.8 V6 and 5 speed auto. I just don't know what I'd do with it when I'm done, i have too many already.

I do, Pike's Peak!!

I'd love to see what you and Eurostar would come up with. :bike_rider:

Damn, I wish Mitsubishi/Repsol Works Team would have entered it when it was still all dirt with Peterhansel.in drivers seat:

l2_1.jpg

jim cole was over to my shop recently. jim is known for some of his moab builds and his suspensions for buggies and broncos.
sticks his head into the cabin of my 4 doo, looks around, and says "i always wanted to build a montero, they are some of the best balanced rigs out there" . coming from a man who knows.

but we knew that already didnt we?

i say this cause id love to repower and modify but i do love the way these rigs behave off road, a different engine might lose me that sense of balance.

an ecoboost 4 anyone?

JAVYPRO

Observer

Dang it Toasty. Great minds think alike, I had that same idea and there was a crashed 2001 limited in GA with all the needed parts cheap but I do not have the time for another project. Enough with my turbo setup still in the process, I might even outsource it to a friend to finish it up.

Javy

4runnin

Observer
I'm currently building a Gen1 LWB, should be pretty bad ***. But, those mohenic gen 1s are absolutely beautiful. Such a great platform to start with, never understood why they aren't popular.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles