2005 Unimog U500 Expedition Camper

k-oz

After seeing this build quality, I'd definitely avoid that company. Cheap plywood with L-brackets, wires hanging down, cheap Chinese electronics.
i don't know anything about phoenix pop up campers and have never bought anything from them, but i'm not sure anyone should base their opinion of phoenix pop up on the build quality of this rig. for all we know, the original owner may have asked phoenix pop up to keep costs down on the build by using cheaper quality materials and goods.

perhaps you can argue other builders would not agree to using cheap materials in the first place because they are first-rate builders and by using such cheap materials, phoenix pop up is not a first-rate builder, but who knows, right?

idk, just my worthless two cents.

zimm

Expedition Leader
i don't know anything about phoenix pop up campers and have never bought anything from them, but i'm not sure anyone should base their opinion of phoenix pop up on the build quality of this rig. for all we know, the original owner may have asked phoenix pop up to keep costs down on the build by using cheaper quality materials and goods.

perhaps you can argue other builders would not agree to using cheap materials in the first place because they are first-rate builders and by using such cheap materials, phoenix pop up is not a first-rate builder, but who knows, right?

idk, just my worthless two cents.

i think you answered your own in paragraph one, with paragraph two. go to rolls royce, and tell them you want a cheaper coach, like an 80's kia, but you want them build it and put their name on it. see how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94