Fabricated Rear Bumper with Swingouts

Desert Rider

Observer
Finally got my rear bumper modified with dual swingouts. I had a local welder beef up my existing Reneul (now Buckstop) bumper, add custom machined spindles, and then build/mount the swingouts to hold a larger spare tire, two storage boxes and a bike rack.
Included in the bumper mod are:
- An Aluminess aluminum storage box (24”W X 16”D x 20”H), will hold 2000W generator.
- An Alu-Box (42L) aluminum storage case (23"W x 15"D x 9.5"H), which is easily removable.
- An Eezi-Awn - K9 mount to secure/lock the Alu-Box to the top of the Aluminess box.
- One RotopaX gas can.
- One 1Up-USA bike rack, the rack and support are removable.
- Welded-in 2” receiver hitch.
- A Smittybuilt Beaver Step/recovery hook.
Probably added about 300+ pounds to the existing bumper, including spare tire, two storage boxes (empty), gas can and step. Once the storage boxes were loaded, the truck seems to handle the added weight just fine.
Emptied my wallet in the tune of about $800 for the fabrication work which included labor and materials. Much cheaper than purchasing a new bumper with dual swingouts, and it was built to my specs with lots of good adventure stories and liquid refreshments along the way!

Attachments

• Rear Bumper1.jpg
    Rear Bumper1.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 173
  • Rear Bumper3.jpg
    Rear Bumper3.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Rear Bumper4.jpg
    Rear Bumper4.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 168
  • Rear Bumper5.jpg
    Rear Bumper5.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Rear Bumper8.jpg
    Rear Bumper8.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Rear Bumper9.jpg
    Rear Bumper9.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Rear Bumper10.jpg
    Rear Bumper10.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 146
  • Rear Bumper11.jpg
    Rear Bumper11.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 141

krick3tt

Adventurer
You do have a lot of stuff back there and being able to make exactly what you want and fitting it all together, it looks very professional.

Desert Rider

Observer
The fabricator quoted my $500 initially, but I negotiated it up to $800...given that I wanted and expected a quality job.

kodiak-black

Observer
That set up is exceptional and $800 is truly a bargain. What kind of truck is it attached to? Do you have any pictures of your whole set up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles