Where to put the fridge?

GSP

Im probably over thinking this. Im going to build a 60% plate system similar to what Goose Gear offers. My concern is having the fridge on the same side as where the AEV tire carrier is mounted. I havent rotated my tires in 10k miles and the right rear is already showing slightly more wear. Is the fridge gonna be ok over there?

Yuke

Adventurer
I do not think you will see any mechanical effects from putting the fridge on that side. However, in my opinion there are many functional reasons not to do so.

1. its more weight on the already heavy side of the jeep with the gas tank and the swingout
2. if you plan on adding a tailgate table you will not be able to slide the fridge out with the table down
3. if your doing a 60 percent delete i would think you would want to hide the fridge behind the 40 section of the seat and have the right side open

GSP

I have the ARB 82qt on accident... It was miss labled as a 50qt on Craigslist and it was $395...sooo... it wont fit with the seats and is too wide to delete the 40 side. I've always liked the idea of the 60 delete, and our family is growing so the huge fridge might be nice. It weights 59# empty.... Am I better off trying to find a 50qt?

GSP

I also plan to have 2 drawers, cutting board, and partner stove on the left side like Overland Life has on youtube.

tarditi

Explorer
I have the ARB50 (no slide) on the latch side and a tailgater table. I don't leave my fridge in the jeep all of the time - it stays on my back porch as a beer fridge. We we overland or go camping, my Dosko fits perfectly on the other side.

Attachments

• 20160623_163252.jpg
    20160623_163252.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

sabjku

Observer
I keep my Arb 37 on the right side and have a Trailgater fold down table. I don't have my fridge on a slide(yet), but have no issues at all with it being on the right side-and it lives in my JKU full time along with my full camp setup in containers(stove, supplies, sleeping bags, ARB Awning room, fold down camp table, compressor and recovery gear) I also have aftermarket bumpers and tire carrier as well. Tire wear is fine.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Smoking good score on a great fridge. :victory:
Which ever way you go with mounting, before committing to your idea, make sure the top opens all the way, and your shortest kid can reach down inside to fetch a cold beer for you... Or maybe just the first part of this is really sensible. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior