LR3 cracked dashboard thread

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
It has been so long since I have had one apart, I can't really visualise it, but googling "LR3 interior" and "LR4 interior" make that look promising. The instrument cluster would me the main area of concern based on an assembled picture.

I feel like that is a lot of work when you can buy a new console for way cheaper than upgrading the parts and probably get the same life out of it. Having my interior out led me to believe the swap of the dash is not that hard, just a matter of is it worth it in the end. I have a cheap cover and don't know the difference. With that said, if I didn't have a crack, I would still have the cover because I can toss velcro stuff up there and it never moves and it helps keep interior temps down as it absorbs the dash heat from baking in the sun.

But there is that one guy who jammed a Defender body on an LR4 so I'm sure anything is possible...lol

Hell Pie

Wow. It would be interesting to get the full story on what it took to make that happen, along with pictures of the engine bay and undercarriage.

mass

Observer
With that said, if I didn't have a crack, I would still have the cover because I can toss velcro stuff up there and it never moves and it helps keep interior temps down as it absorbs the dash heat from baking in the sun.

Hmm... did you get the carpet variant? I like the functionality of Velcro stuff... my dash just started cracking this winter. :(

LR Max

Local Oaf
Update on the carpet dash pad. Its actually functional. I can easily leave my hat up there and it won't fall. Same with my GPS, it fell off the window (suction mount) a few times, but didn't slide off. But a phone will, however I've got the dash pocket instead of the screen, so no issues there.

Overall happy with the carpet dash pad.

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
Well..mine just started cracking this week.I figured cold weather spell in NJ did contribute to it a bit. I was always under impression, that this only happens in hot climates but I guess not. For many years I have used a sunshade cover from AB prolonging the life of poorly designed LR3 dash cover, also applying a 303 protectant as well, but invertible finally caught up with me. My crack started above the passenger side vent and it is only a 1 1/2 long for now, I wonder if I could fill the void with some kind a resin to prevent from further cracking...

Any pictures of it in the truck? I have been trying to decide what material to go with.

Here you go! Black TECH material installed. Also in my build thread. I just lay it on the dash, no Velcro or tape required. Fits great, needs to be stretched about every six months cuz the sun shrinks it about an inch over six months baking in the sun. Love it and cheap, excellent quality investment.

73D8F630-5713-48A0-8838-ADFF2773D247.jpeg
3FB9A58D-4128-4B59-B1EB-CD8F2D6BCFC8.jpeg
F17BE97C-0FD5-4B20-8963-7E9A7B14CB93.jpeg
98875C8C-5118-47A0-A6A0-0600479E8D47.jpeg
2E790B14-A110-4150-A58F-8E61D8A047D7.jpeg

sunrisehiker

Adventurer
Nice Yubert !
That does not look that bad at all !! I would need a cut out for a center speaker and sensor though...and I don't see them listed on their website or link to Ebay.
Victory Overland...
I don't see a cut out for a air bag on passenger side, does your cover have one ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles