Police in California and CCW Permits

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I was reading an article today about the idea of a "new California". Its an idea worth discussion when you consider the glaring differences in ideals between rural and urban areas on how people should be governed. Its similar to NYC vs. upstate New York. There will be a ton of blowback from urban elites who know whats best for everyone else and I doubt it'll pass, but its an interesting conversation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...f-state/ar-AAuLdwL?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

brentbba

Explorer
Ownership of one of those items is a legally-protected right as per the federal constitution; ownership of the other item is not. NICS checks don't usually take that long, but it's still pretty silly that California will require background checks for every time someone wants to buy a few rounds but does nothing check on people who rent planes or heavy-duty trucks.

Perspective is everything ;)

My 'understanding' right now is that there'll be an initial $50 fee and background check to get DOJ approval to purchase ammo. $10 annually to 'renew' said card. Doubt they'll run a background check on each purchase, just annually but I'm sure we'll have to show the card to purchase ammo. Much the same as the Firearms Safety Certificate we get after passing a test that 'allows' us to purchase firearms. It's good for 5 years.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
My 'understanding' right now is that there'll be an initial $50 fee and background check to get DOJ approval to purchase ammo. $10 annually to 'renew' said card. Doubt they'll run a background check on each purchase, just annually but I'm sure we'll have to show the card to purchase ammo. Much the same as the Firearms Safety Certificate we get after passing a test that 'allows' us to purchase firearms. It's good for 5 years.

Wow this is crazy.

Dalko43

Explorer
Renting a plane isnt easy. I’ve done it a few times. Regardless they just steal them why bother renting?

Renting a heavy truck is fairly easy, and those have been used often enough in different types of attacks. Also, do you have to get a NICS background check every time you want to rent a plane?

CSG

Explorer
Regardless of how stupid their laws may be I'm fairly certain that a lot of people CHOOSE to live in CA, so as a result you choose to live with whatever laws appointed over you. If you do not like it you can vote for a change or choose to move elsewhere, sounds logical to me anyway.

Obviously, the bulk of Californians choose to live there. My parents moved there in 1958 and I lived there until 1994 when the growing oppression finally was enough. We moved to Idaho which is perfect for about everything other than weed. I no longer smoke because if you're caught with any, you will likely have a court appearance and are subject to a misdemeanor conviction if the prosecuting attorney gets his way.

I should add that as a former California deputy sheriff (in the mid-70's), I still had trouble getting a CCW and it was always an annual permit with only the listed firearms on the permit (up to three IIRC) being legal to carry concealed. Some places I lived between the late 70's until I left wouldn't even consider issuing a permit to former LEO's. The federal law for retired LE solved that issue but it was alive when I still lived there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles