Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First 4x4≤ in the US with a proper 4x4≤ specific LeTech roof rack installed

Hope it sees a new paint job soon too... in some kind of reasonable color.

Quote Originally Posted by otiswesty View Post
    It looks like the version of the rack that Brabus was putting on their 4x4 squared Brabus edition models.
    It is the exact rack they used on that vehicle. Many of the "Brabus" G builds are loaded with LeTech parts.

Did I see this truck in Bend about 2 weeks ago? There was one parked downtown in the same color w/the same rack. No license plates or spare tire, oversize tires.
    Was getting a lot of attention from the plebians passing by as it really stood out in its neon green presence even though G-Wagens are all over the place here. I regret
    not taking a photo but will if I see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by ekapel View Post
    Did I see this truck in Bend about 2 weeks ago? There was one parked downtown in the same color w/the same rack. No license plates or spare tire, oversize tires.
    Was getting a lot of attention from the plebians passing by as it really stood out in its neon green presence even though G-Wagens are all over the place here. I regret
    not taking a photo but will if I see it again.
    Nope wasn't this one, it is currently in Las Vegas and has been for several weeks, there are a bunch of them this color out there.

That thing is sick. Looking good.

That thing is bright, but I love the 4x4 squared. Someone needs to figure out a full size spare rear bumper solution for them, because the rear really looks weird without a tire on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kotton View Post
    That thing is bright, but I love the 4x4 squared. Someone needs to figure out a full size spare rear bumper solution for them, because the rear really looks weird without a tire on it.
    Maybe like this?

LeTech-spare tire carrier door closed.jpg

LeTech-spare tire carrier door open.jpg

LeTech-spare tire carrier 4x4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

And... thats exactly how it should have come from the factory! Now I just need to play the waiting game until one of these has depreciated 80% so I can actually afford one.

I recently picked up a SWB version of the rack
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1999 Mercedes Benz G500
    1995 Mercedes Benz G320 SWB
    1989 VW Syncro Westfalia 2.5
    1978 VW Westfalia deluxe

Can you show us the hinge side of that tire carrier? I assume it swings separate from the door, if so how does it latch to that round white Pad?
    Gelšndewagen, UNIMOG U1550L37 DoKa

https://www.facebook.com/Gelandeventures/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast