Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OPINION: Single or dual ARB compressor

I stumbled across this test while looking for something else. Has performance data for ARB single and twin in chart at end of article.

https://www.4x4australia.com.au/gear...sor-comparison
    Last edited by Ducky's Dad; 01-07-2018 at 06:44 PM.

I went with the single/portable.

I saw the single vs double as trading speed for current draw. I decided I did not need the speed, and since I was getting the portable, I wanted lower current draw as it might be in several different vehicles. I chose correctly, I as I have used in in my Hummer, 2500HD, CJ-7 and passenger car. I also converted it to the Warn quickconnect system, so no opening hood and full compatibility with that jump charge system. When I need more speed, I have an auxilary tank I can pre-fill.

I've had both. Go with the dual, why mess around. It is worth the extra $$. The first dual I used for 3 years before selling that rig, never let me down. I'm 5 years into my second dual compressor. Both setups had 5 gallon tanks and chucks fore and aft. I'm adding one to my other 4x4.

I've ran the viair(FAILED after 6 uses). I bought the ARB dual compressor, works great. I'm running 35" MTR's, I'm plumbing in an expired air tank(4200 psi) for more volume. I recommend the dual compressor, Ron
    1990 Wrangler, sbc/ax15/231, dana 44's, 5.13's, detroits, 35 MTR's, warn 8274, home built trailer, OHIO4X4.com

No experience with singles but the dual is the bomb! Does 35's like a walk in the park with no auxiliary tank. IMHO worth the extra $ if you run larger tires.

A friend works at ARB in Australia and asked if I have the single or dual in my Africa Jeep.

He was happy to hear I have the single (which I love) - they get a lot of the duals in for repair.

I regularly air up my 34x10.5r17 KO2s, and have even aired up a friends 37s a few times. Never a problem.

-Dan
    Around Africa in a Jeep Wrangler JK @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina)
    --
    Follow: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / YouTube
    --
    WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

they get a lot of the duals in for repair.
    The duals have a tendency to run hot.

Would be interesting to test the two... as the Twin compressor has a cooling fan and would be running half as long as the single.

I wonder if more people who buy the dual unit and actually use it, use it on bigger tires and give it a real workout.

I have the single portable unit and it seems about perfect for stock size tires (31-32"). It seems to work 2-3 times faster than my old cheapo MV-50 and doesn't get absurdly hot in hot weather.

I originally used the single (CKMA12) and recently replaced it with the twin (CKMTA12). I wish I'd ponied up for the twin to begin with. I really just use it for airing up tires and I was tired of spending an entire duty cycle airing up my tires. I can't speak to the longevity, yet. I've also been able to seat a bead with the twin but was unable to do so with the single.

On a related note, if you have the space and budget also look at the Extreme Outback compressors. I'd have gone that direction if I had the space.
    2016 URJ200 Land Cruiser, BFG KO2 285/65R18 at 55 PSI, Fuel Beast Wheels, OME BP-51 Suspension and 2724 Rear Springs, Nitro 4.88 Gears, Harrop Front and Rear Lockers, Slee Sliders, ARB and Trail Tailor Skids, Dual Batteries, Yaesu FT-8800, ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor, Trail Tailor Recovery Points, ARB Drawers and 47L Fridge, Gamiviti Roof Rack, Eezi-Awn Series 2000, Wilco Offroad Solo, JB RTT, Escape Seat Covers, Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12