ARB Awning and associated room

Bought a 2000*2000 awning and deluxe screen room last summer to use on my teardrop. Great in sunny weather. We had heavy rains, deluxe room leaked like a sieve. Awning sunk in the middle full of water. Contacted ARB, no response. Likely will sell these and get a tag along Oz tent to attach to my fox wing. It works awesome.

Any chance your still considering selling your awning? I might be in the market for that size. I had the 2500 but didnt work well with my setup

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Instead of starting a new thread I'll ask here. I'd like to know peoples thoughts on the newer room that can be an all screen room if the sides/doors are rolled up vs. the older model which only had screens in the window and door locations. I like the older model. They both serve a purpose but the older one might keep more wind and dust out in a desert environment.

outback97

Adventurer
Instead of starting a new thread I'll ask here. I'd like to know peoples thoughts on the newer room that can be an all screen room if the sides/doors are rolled up vs. the older model which only had screens in the window and door locations. I like the older model. They both serve a purpose but the older one might keep more wind and dust out in a desert environment.

I purchased a vehicle that included an ARB 2000 awning and awning room. I have not used it yet but I believe it is the "deluxe" room. Not sure if that is the newer model you're referring to or the old one. It's at least two years old, possibly more. I'm looking forward to some better weather to try it out, so for now I don't have any feedback to add, but I'm curious about the differences too.

ETA: There's some good info in this thread too:
https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/arb-awning-room-input.149354/

Some older posts were talking about mounting the awning to square crossbars, here's my setup on DIY strut channel cross bars. I had to drill a few holes in the ARB awning mount brackets so it didn't hang down too low but other than that, super simple bolt up and works great.

kc7WiJtzzGjQep29nI_sCUQKeyxUeBkJEUbtxol0Arc6GT2Uv6KFCL_EygAruEYdxsuoX9BoQfUDI3XhmJMLMSE4X_BmNGlil_G3Wp1bWJr9fE78IgI5FBnhjQ7aoBpaioXXa8Ichw=w2400

Last edited:

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Thank you for the reply. I hope to be able to mount to the end of some conduit cross bars on top of my truck shell using the following method:

This is the older style pictured in the thread you provided:
KW033gYYtO6Pygz_ty8g4VOTJK1LToOwOyjqZHpzYI7IHLFBtdWxrtOJqXVyz0dMFRUzdrdo6mW937TX4rQuOIpPKSAKoBNZR1dEygYZxfbRxBOr27nRKQgH3gY_Umj7Zx_t8PRubvhGiak8pzlgAKVJmoXLdsNdpBbW7EYdG2EpuNTtnndq7rtFcZpTVqKslhWhfJFBRRoJX5ux8FGRbdRKTlywXB-y3UnrU6qGCsOWnOv_dOXjZjdNwNtHlitPZ4kkmjfIQwbb2vbv1iuLksFBQcO50HHc7cHtVCabZ4MBj6F-Z8AZ-MEZqAe0c8-BzRZEe3BzVPGEijU6zRW1yFm27N_5ML_gdrYEuPdT1mBtykmUmAkAjnTJPkCd4z56Jo5MHvLWOJW4xZ55L7_7HzN2DQ9xk1qz_7t4iGGkXII67YipmVKW_FqMt3yM-Ozf_xlzViw8Vql2X1gJfrfBjkx0NtDFdyXe91lbKZIbFEzn-x1pCn7hv_eltddYe0L2AULhdpAJXnyQhFTBtn7e0LIYi2gCTFUzx4claFZ8RP3OFoYRpRHf7pENC9DFdvcFVeXfHbpQ70NFeJ7DNyklp6ARUbDydm3k-7PoQr2UI2oZD1pme8hOTzoRQ78aWoqAO4VF5qXKZ_8_ghacAx6ezxjZ_ksg58-eJp8GyaCH5SxPQA=w1320-h990-no

outback97

Adventurer
Thank you for the reply. I hope to be able to mount to the end of some conduit cross bars on top of my truck shell using the following method:

This is the older style pictured in the thread you provided:

That's pretty clever. I would be a little wary of the rubber breaking down, and the ends of the pipe rusting on his setup. Every yakima crossbar I've ever owned, the ends rust. But then again, I'm in SLC and we love to salt the roads here.

I just checked and I do have the Deluxe awning, so it's the newer one. Most of the comments I've seen about the changes between the older style and the newer are positive. I'll only have the newer one as a point of reference, and I'm sure we'll like it. Can't wait to use it!

Yeah I have a 2500 ARB awning with the Mesh Room and it has plenty of space. I'll post photos tomorrow. Actually going to post my setup for sale on here as i'm going another route. Used the setup once just for test fitment and that is it. :(

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Yeah I have a 2500 ARB awning with the Mesh Room and it has plenty of space. I'll post photos tomorrow. Actually going to post my setup for sale on here as i'm going another route. Used the setup once just for test fitment and that is it. :(
Meaning the 2500x2500 or 2500x2000? I'd be interested if it is the latter and not too far for pickup.

Meaning the 2500x2500 or 2500x2000? I'd be interested if it is the latter and not too far for pickup.

I have the largest 2500x2500. But the ARB Net Room is designed to fit both 2500 x 2500 (ARB4401A) and 2500 x 2100mm (ARB3108A) ARB awnings

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles