LC deck plate for storage

Uncle Beer

Observer
So I've got a 120 series / GX470 and I'm looking to make a deck plate for the rear cargo area. The intent is to secure my ARB fridge mostly and have a way to secure cargo. The catch is, I'd like to be able to quickly remove the fridge and throw the seats down. Currently, both seats are in but when the fridge is secured, the passenger side will be removed with the driver side remaining. I'm curious is its possible for the seats to latch in as they do from the factory and be secure while leaving the base plate for the deck in and secured to the floor. I don't want to remove both seats completely, as I have to young boys and often we need the extra seating.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys. I hope this makes sense

4Beast

Observer
I've been interested in a stable mounting platform as well. I think Goose Gear are the only ones who make something like this, but I considering just doing one from 3/4" plywood or something. I want a place to possibly mount a fridge slide, and other attachment points but don't really want the hassle of drawers.

Jafrench

Observer
I did this mod for my 100 series. 3/4" birch bolted down in the factory tie-down locations with cutouts for the seat mounting hardware. I put t-nuts in the plywood and have a low profile arb drawer with fridge slide on top. I can use one 3rd row seat with the drawer and fridge in place and removing the drawer is as fast as taking out 4 bolts to use both 3rd row seats. Can snap some pics if you're interested in seeing it.

4Beast

Observer
I did this mod for my 100 series. 3/4" birch bolted down in the factory tie-down locations with cutouts for the seat mounting hardware. I put t-nuts in the plywood and have a low profile arb drawer with fridge slide on top. I can use one 3rd row seat with the drawer and fridge in place and removing the drawer is as fast as taking out 4 bolts to use both 3rd row seats. Can snap some pics if you're interested in seeing it.

I'd definitely be interested...

Jafrench

Observer
Here's a quick pic. You can see three bolts along the front of the plate and two in the rear corners. That's where I bolted to factory tie down locations. There are 4 holes on the passenger side that have the t-nuts on the opposite side where I bolt the drawer down. I plan to add some airline style tie down tracks to the driver side. And of course coat it in some bedliner type paint.

Attachments

• IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 26

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles