SOLD. XPCamper V1 For Sale in Nor. Calif.

gvb1940

This is #14 of the 53 built so far. The newer models have an electric lift, the older models like #14 have a hydraulic lift. There is nothing wrong with the hydraulic lift, just want to give full disclosure.
The camper is on a 2015 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 automatic Crew Cab short bed. See truck list below.
Approx 18,700 miles averaging 15mpg.
Were you to buy a new rig with the flatbed it would cost you $114,000 today. Then you add in the cost of a truck. That is before you start adding modifications to the truck to ready it for expedition conditions.
Below is a list of modifications added to my truck and camper.m
I have over $ 160,000 into this rig and am asking $ 130,000
Interior photos are better viewed on the xpcamper website. Only page 1 of the specs would load. Pm me for the rest or go on the XP camper website to view them.
This rig is fully, and I do mean fully, equipped and ready to go anywhere. Manufacturers warranty on the truck. 85,000 mi or 6/22/2022 which ever comes first.
If you are trying to decide on a rig somewhere between a Sportsmobile and an Earthroamer this is the perfect vehicle for you.
RV Living: XP Camper Walk-through at Overland Expo 2015. This is a video walk through of the XP V1 on youtube.
You have to go to youtube and search for the above.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 519
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 498
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 452
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 439
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,194
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 420
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

sam-aye-am

For other folks - I've exchanged a couple of emails with Greg about his rig. Figured I'd ask remaining questions here so that others interested could see the responses and Greg has less admin to do answering other folks that may be inquiring via emails.

One question we did exchange was on registration: Clear title in hand, registered as a truck and not as an RV. I asked since some folks in CA will register truck as an RV to pay lower fees as the weight fee for a 3500 here is significant.

Now for the other questions:

1. Fuel tank size: Stock (which I think is 34 gallons based on my own 2007) or bigger?

2. Trim level? Based on pictures and chrome grill insert - maybe SLT?

3. 6 spd - auto: is it the 68rfe or the AISN?

4. Any engine/powertrain mods besides the lockers and what looks like a snorkel in some of the pics?

5. Alternator capacity in terms of amps? I think newer RAMs are 160 with a 220A single or dual option?

6. Based on your spec sheet, looks like you may have an ARB fridge in the backseat - so backseats removed?

7. Parroting question in post #4 that I also have - spare tire location and size? Only XP I've seen in person was on a long bed with the spare behind the cab.

8. Is the hitch receiver on an extension, or does it still clear the bed on its own, or any towing limitations less than stock receiver?

gvb1940

Fuel tank 31 gal
Trim level. Tradesman pkg 2FA
6 speed 68RFE 3.42 rear axle ratio
No other engine mod
220 amp alternator added as an option
ARB fridge is in backseat. I have the backseat and anyone who buys the rig has to take the backseat.
I have a hitch extension. Also an extension for the spare tire crank. Shouldn't be any towing limitations.
Trailer brake control

Last edited:

hermz

Good luck with the sale. I am in process of building an XPV1 on a Dodge 3500 C&C and if this came up about 6 months ago I would have saved some serious dough! Cheers!

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
How many watts of solar and how many batteries on this build?

Can't recall, does the fresh h2o tank have access for cleaning?

That 2000w inverter is nice to have, the base 1000 wouldn't cut it for me :)

Last edited:

gvb1940

How many watts of solar and how many batteries on this build?

Can't recall, does the fresh h2o tank have access for cleaning?

That 2000w inverter is nice to have, the base 1000 wouldn't cut it for me :)

300 watts
2 batts
no clean out for h2o just a drain hose at bottom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan