Kinda Cool HMMWV Hummer Camper Convo, in Colorado

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
RARE HMMWV M998 CAMPER CONVERSION STRONG 6.5 GEP MOTOR - $21500 (COLORADO SPRINGS)

(Not Mine) interesting rig with another hard to read crammed text ad....

Cool Camo job’s so good it’s hard to see the rig!

B605D981-C1CB-44A2-8C16-7D4E5F0B1AF5.jpeg

HELLO, ILL KEEP THIS SHORT AS THE PICTURES SPEAK VOLUME. FIRST OFF, THIS UNIT IS CURRENTLY IN COLORADO SPRINGS. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. NO TEXTS, CALLS ONLY. THIS UNIT SOLD FOR 25K ON EBAY LAST MONTH ONLY TO HAVE THE BUYER LEAVE A DEPOSIT, THAN NOT COME UP WITH THE REMAINING FUNDS. THIS UNIT HAS BEEN ALL OVER THE COUNTRY AND IS A PROVEN UNIT. VERY STRONG MOTOR. RECENT WORK THIS YEAR INLUDES NEW POWER STEERING PUMP, NEW STEERING GEAR, FULL FLUID SERVICE, AND NEW GLOW PLUGS, AND LIGHT RELAY MODULE. ALMOST 1K IN WORK DONE, I HAVE RECEIPTS. PRIOR TO MY ACQUISTION IT WAS A TANK BATALLION MISSILE RANGE SUPPORT UNIT. IT HAS DEEP FORDING KIT, BRAND NEW- HIGH END FOLDABLE BUCKET SEATS. COLOR BACK UP CAMERA, PORTABLE FRESH WATER, HD ROOF RACK, THIS GEM HAS THE 6.5 GEP UPGADEED ENGINE, BRAND NEW 15K RUNVA WINCH, SOLAR SHOWER, WORKING REAR AC WITH HEAT, 4 LED LIGHTS, 2 DIESEL GAS PACKS, AND EVEN 110 OUTLETS. PLEASE HAVE FUNDS READY TO GO UPON AUCTION END, OTHERWISE BID ELSEWHERE. I WONT WASTE YOUR TIME, PLEASE DONT WASTE MINE. ZERO ISSUES. COME DRIVE IT HOME TODAY. ONLY CASH IN HAND GETS A TEST DRIVE-TOO MANY WANT IT WITH ZERO FUNDS. NO TRADES-IM NOT DESPERATE AND USED ALMOST EVERY DAY. CLEAR ON ROAD TITLE AND PLATES IN MY NAME. I ALSO HAVE SOLAR PANELS THAT GO WITH IT ONLY WITH THE FULL PRICE OFFERING. BEST DEAL ANYWHERE ON A HMMWV, RARE FIND. NO TIRE KICKERS, I HAVE NO PROBLEM KEEPING IT AND IM NOT DESPERATE TO SELL. PRICE IS VERY FIRM AND A STEAL. CALLS ONLY PLEASE, TEXTS AND EMAILS WILL BE IGNORED. THANKS.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Thx mucho Getout.

Duh, somehow I missed putting the CL link in my post.

Thx for catching that error and adding it!

eporter

Adventurer
IM GUESSING THIS USED TO MAYBE BE A AMBULANCE OR FIRE TRUCK AT ONE TIME WHAT DO YOU THINK? LOOKS COOL OK.

camp4x4

Adventurer
And for those who can't stand all-caps and no line break typing:

Hello, I'll keep this short as the pictures speak volume.
First off, this unit is currently in colorado springs.
Serious inquiries only.
No texts, calls only.
This unit sold for 25k on ebay last month only to have the buyer leave a deposit, than not come up with the remaining funds.
This unit has been all over the country and is a proven unit.
Very strong motor.
Recent work this year inludes new power steering pump, new steering gear, full fluid service, and new glow plugs, and light relay module.
Almost 1k in work done, I have receipts.
Prior to my acquistion it was a tank batallion missile range support unit.
It has deep fording kit, brand new- high end foldable bucket seats.
Color back up camera, portable fresh water, hd roof rack, this gem has the 6.
5 gep upgadeed engine, brand new 15k runva winch, solar shower, working rear ac with heat, 4 led lights, 2 diesel gas packs, and even 110 outlets.
Please have funds ready to go upon auction end, otherwise bid elsewhere.
I wont waste your time, please dont waste mine.
Zero issues.
Come drive it home today.
Only cash in hand gets a test drive-too many want it with zero funds.
No trades-im not desperate and used almost every day.
Clear on road title and plates in my name.
I also have solar panels that go with it only with the full price offering.
Best deal anywhere on a hmmwv, rare find.
No tire kickers, I have no problem keeping it and im not desperate to sell.
Price is very firm and a steal.
Calls only please, texts and emails will be ignored.
Thanks.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Just an original $700,000 Ford GT40 chilling in the garage hahaha
This has been for sale before and there was discussion about that very car.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=304397&postcount=3638

Short answer is it's not a GT40. It's actually a Corvair kit car, which was at one point also for sale.

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

There's a Facebook video link in this post of it running.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=304414&postcount=3647

s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Racingdad

Adventurer
Just an original $700,000 Ford GT40 chilling in the garage hahaha

A Corvair! Arggghhh!

I would prefer the Superformance GT40 replica with Gulf Livery. If done right they are above the $125K plus range last time I looked several years ago. Very cool looking cars but a real PITA to drive. Poor visibility and with the usual over built high horsepower 427 they can be a handful. Still throttle over steer with a wide track can make this a very fun car in the right environment with a skilled driver. Still my dream car and I have looked at these a whole lot. I would go for the drive train from a wrecked Ford GT in the Superformance chassis. I really prefer modern engines and engine management.

The owner of GoPro had a Superformance 427 GT40 at the AutoSpa Sonoma Raceway at Sears Point. His comments echoed my experience above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles