Carrying Tools...Cutting Down Noise?

freshlikesushi

Free Candy
I use a blue ridge overland gear tool bag for my needs.
It 3/8 and 1/2 socket set, pliers, screwdrivers and all the other things i need for my specific rig. Couldn't be happier with it. Its had two hard years so far without any indication of letting up in quality. I literally throw it where it needs to end up every time and not even damage from the concrete

sackettmw

As others have recommended, I believe tool bags are the best solution. They can be shoved in unused space and don't slide around too much. I am a professional mechanic and often end up carrying a lot of tools because I never know what I'll be working on (unless loading for a trip then I take just what I can get by with for my vehicle to cut weight). I have a collection of tool bags that can be loaded for different uses. Get a couple different sizes from Harbor Freight or similar. I also have some military surplus bags that I use for straps, chains, etc. that could work. Some of those work with molle webbing.

I also like tool rolls for keeping wrenches quiet as others have suggested. Blow molded cases take up extra space but are good for 3/8 and 1/4 socket sets if yours came with them.

My other tip is that I uses magnet trays and a couple of ring magnets. You can put them in your tool bag to hold small sockets, other tools, or hardware together. Then use them for your tools and parts when you are working on something in the dirt.

On the other hand I have a road chest in my Astro now that is pretty annoying. Need to cut out some foam organizers or something for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles