2nd Gen Monteros - Rare Birds - But Aren't Worth Much - Why?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
For overlanding I'd go IFS all day every day, hard 4 wheeling I'd still go with a good IFS all day (Montero IFS = Strongest IFS available in a consumer 4x4), Rock crawling solid axle for sure. People don't even begin to understand how awesome the IFS is in a Montero, to give an idea the Montero single handedly changed the entire 4wd truck market because everyone copied it (poorly).

I'm a solid axle fan for sure but one can't deny that the Montero IFS is built to wheel.

Swank Force One

Adventurer
For overlanding I'd go IFS all day every day, hard 4 wheeling I'd still go with a good IFS all day (Montero IFS = Strongest IFS available in a consumer 4x4), Rock crawling solid axle for sure. People don't even begin to understand how awesome the IFS is in a Montero, to give an idea the Montero single handedly changed the entire 4wd truck market because everyone copied it (poorly).

I'm a solid axle fan for sure but one can't deny that the Montero IFS is built to wheel.

For my uses, i prefer IFS as well. It's why the truck feels better on road, imo. But lots of people perceive it as a bad thing. Old habits i suppose.

plh

Explorer
Yep, the 7% number is very general. I'll try to find a year by year breakdown, but my gut is that the majority of the 7% are in the 3 year old or newer category.

Refinement based on better information. In general there are around 14% of the total vehicles in the country for sale on any given day (seams high - but data point is from NADA)

Most of these 14% are less than 3 model years old (41%). By the time a vehicle model reaches 21 years after sold, there certainly are not many left.

vehicles.jpg

Last edited:

DanielDD

Vehicle Masochist
So, all this data suggests that for those of us that are currently in possession of a running/driving Montero - that we are a select minority of adventurers who own a RARE off road worthy vehicle. As soon as the general buying public recognizes the rarity and exclusivity of the Montero, it will ultimately become a highly sought after vehicle.

When that time comes, I'll be selling mine for $10K!

Will I have to wait long??

:suning:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior