Most efficient 12v freezer/fridge recommendations

Hey folks. Just put the deposit on a 4x4 144" sprinter. I'm probably going to have a lot of questions like this. I'm currently in a transit connect (too small, no clearance) and have a 85q whynter freezer. It works well and all, but for the new vehicle, I'd like something more efficient; meaning less current draw and more insulation. I plan on having 2. One fridge and one freezer. The freezer in the 80ish range and the fridge in the 60ish range. They need to be designed with the door opening shortwise, as opposed to lengthwise like the ARBs.
What do you guys think is best? I like the Engels and the National Lunas, but they're so expensive.
Cheers

stix999

Has the whynter /edgestar /snomaster thing been worked out? They all look the same.

Yes - this? Am interested as my 18 month Whynter DZ just stopped cooling on ac&DC (yes, I have read the edgestar mod thread)

Snomaster= 5 yrs on compressor
Whynter= 2 years

What is snomaster offering, at 2x purchase price, for build quality, components, or other issues other than compressor? Does the Buyer pay shipping to/from for warranty issues?

Last edited:

aaen

Adventurer
I've gotta ask why everyone is pushing these snowmaster fridges so much lately? Are they given them away to countless people so they put the work out about them? Not knockign the fridge, but why the big draw over the usually players (ARB, National Luna, etc)

steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles