YETI HONDO BASE CAMP CHAIR - $300USD

Vapor_Trails

I spent $200 on a Kermit Chair. But, the Kermit chair fits in my saddlebag. It doesn't look like that Bigfoot thing would work for moto-camping. I bet it's nice, though.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
The only time I spend more than a few moments in a camp chair is around the camp fire. Your back is to the wind and freezes in ventilated chairs like that. You want a solid fabric back with no gap between the seat and the back to let the wind in.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
It will get all jammed up with sand just like every other chair out there. No way I would pay that much for a chair. Wait is this an April Fools thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
It weighs 16.5 lbs. For that weight you can get a full-length adjustable reclining chair. I doubt it's more comfortable than my webbed lawn chair, which feels like about 3 lbs. Those are back in Wal-mart this year for $25.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
So after reading the “Features “ I seriously thought this was a joke. Then I looked it up on the Yeti site. It’s not an April fools joke.

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
Hey look what just showed up at your local thrift store for $5/pair!

9f2ef1910d3e3124881c9d0e3a07ae01.jpg

I have a confession to make. After using the Helinox Sunset chair ($150) for a year or so, I decided that my webbed lawn chair was more comfortable. I still use the Helinox for kayak camping, but for car camping I use the lawn chair that I bought at least 25 years ago.

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Those chairs are so expensive I bet those are going to end up in a lot of high ranking offices in Washington DC!

jhop567

The only time I spend more than a few moments in a camp chair is around the camp fire. Your back is to the wind and freezes in ventilated chairs like that. You want a solid fabric back with no gap between the seat and the back to let the wind in.
What about letting the wind out?

TwinStick

Explorer
Lifetime has some commercial duty plastic/metal folding chairs that have a 500 lb weight capacity, for about $35 each. And they are comfortable to boot !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles