YETI HONDO BASE CAMP CHAIR - $300USD

RedReynolds

Coming out this spring in the USA, it's "the most durable and comfortable piece of outdoor furniture on the market" from YETI. MSRP will be $300USD. Will you buy it for your kit? - Red

170976-Hondo-Engineering-Drawing-640x380.png

Here are the details/features:

EASYBREATHE™ MESH WITH FLEXGRID™ TECHNOLOGY
Fabric is 100% breathable, and made to hold maximum weight without losing its shape. Unique materials and weave eliminate pressure points so you can sit longer, more comfortably.

DIEHARD™ JOINT CONSTRUCTION
Solid, cast joints - like the ones used on your truck's door hinges - are sturdy under pressure.

GRIDGUARD™ MOLD
Seamless over-mold locks in a tensioned fabric, ensuring edge-to-edge comfort and seams that don't break or tear.

DOUBLEBARREL™ FRAME
Reinforced with two layers of age-hardened aluminum alloy.

HAULER™ HANDLE
Incorporated into the frame for easy portability.

colb45

Observer
At that dollar figure go hit up Canadian tire and get the zero gravity chairs when they go on sale for $49....

CSG

Explorer
I like the classic collapsible sling camping chairs. They're what, $15-20? Plus, they come with one or two cup holders built into the arm slings. I find the two I've had for years now (Walmart specials) to be quite comfy and adult sized.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Looks like the cheap $20 chair from Costco, WalMart or my local grocery. For 300, you have got to be kidding. Overpriced is not the way I go. But like the man said it is going to be the rage for the well to do and 'Look at me at camp' folks.
Isn't Yeti the same company with the $30 can holders that you can get at KayMart for $15?

SoCal Tom

Explorer
Coleman has almost the same thing for $30. I doubt I would destroy 10 if them before i went through one of these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

doug720

Expedition Leader
If you have these chairs, you would need to chain them up a night to prevent having them stolen like people report with Yeti ice chests! I'd need to spend $1,200,00 to make our set!

I'm sure they are nice, and there are people who will buy them, but I'll pass on getting them.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Um, hell no. Much rather spend the money on some of the nice hand crafted, USA made wooden and canvas chairs I've seen first.

What is age-hardened aluminum? Anything like the 23 year old rum I've been drinking? :coffeedrink:

thefishhawk

Adventurer
They must be off their rocker...... ;)

I can see the million dollar RV set picking up a compliment of these but that's about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles