1991 Toyota Land Cruiser. JDM Turbo Diesel. Oregon.

jkam

nomadic man
[h=2]Land Cruiser Factory Turbo Diesel! - $17500 (Ashland)[/h]
00707_b5choZJDyex_600x450.jpg

I am already lamenting the loss of this truck before even posting it! For the moment, just putting out feelers to gauge interest in this rare and awesome rig.

It's a JDM imported 1991 Land Cruiser (It's 100% legal with a clean Oregon title). Factory Toyota 4.2l diesel turbo with only ~168K. Right hand drive, super fun to drive. We get compliments at every stop.

It's not a show truck, but its straight and the hood was recently repainted. It wants to go out on adventure, and it wont get all pissy if you put a scratch on it.

The good stuff:

NEW rebuilt AT transmission By Dusty's Transmission in Central Point
Solid Axles!
Front, Center and Rear locking Diffs
Low/High range transfer case
BFG A/T K02's on FJ Cruiser 17" steelies + full size spare with matching wheel
factory refrigerator/cooler built into the center console!
LED upgraded headlights (see pic for comparison to the old headlights)
New Kenwood BT head unit
New keyless entry and alarm
Brand new front 'Big-Brake' 100 series calipers and rotor upgrade
New Koyo wheel bearings all around
Factory Winch! **see the not-as-good list =(
Heated Seats
Power Moon Roof
I have a complete set of Big-End rod bearings and new JDM bolts ready to be installed. Most owners have them swapped before 200K for preventative maintenance

The not-as-good stuff:

Could use a good wax and buff, some cosmetic brush scratches from narrow roads
Rear bumper corner is mushed a little
The interior is in "user" condition, but not terrible by any means
the power steering reservoir seems to be leaking
The front power windows are slow and sometimes defiant in cold weather (may need the window guides re-greased, or the motor is getting old)
the right turn indicator relay or switch might be going bad? works intermittently
the factory winch isn't working. I think it could be rebuilt before being replaced, just haven't looked for someone to do it yet.
The door handle paint has faded. They could be repainted or you can get new ones online.
There's an intermittent belt squeal I haven't tracked down yet

This truck is tight and solid. Super fun off the beaten path. If I could justify it, I'd keep it as my weekend rig, but for daily commutes I want to get the wife and kids into something a bit smaller and less tempting for me to modify!

I've got thousands in receipts. You might find a few others of these scattered across the US but probably not with a new transmission ($4500) or in overall as good mechanical shape, or with all the available options..

No trades except maybe a late-year ML320 or ML350 diesel with low miles

I'm away on a job and wouldn't be able to deliver the car until around the end of the month. But reach out if you are interested, it'd be first-come first serve when I get back. Sorry I don't have more pictures at the moment.

$17500 obo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles