Triton shower in shower shelter

cr500taco

Adventurer
I have a Cabela's shower shelter and I am going to be getting the Triton shower or similar to use in the shower shelter and getting rid of the shower bag. I am wondering how you guys are setting up the showers to use in the shelters? I've seen the showers mounted on the trailers, so I am guessing the shelter is next to the trailer with the shower hose running into the shelter? I am wondering if there's any other ideas, because I am not mounting mine on the trailer, not just yet. Also, as far as power for the water pump, I am going to be putting a battery on my utility trailer, which I use to haul the camping gear. Is the water pump connected directly to the battery with aligator clips?
Eventually, I am going to be building an actual off road trailer. But, the utility trialer is what I am using now.

cr500taco

Adventurer
So long as the water pump is made to work on 12v, how you connect it is entirely up to you. Hardwire, alligator clips, quick-disconnect connectors - doesn't matter.

Connection is "direct," but as with most electrical accessories, usually best done through a fuse.

Thanks, I am planning on using a fuse if I do it direct.

sabbatical

Food for thought...
When dry camping we use a 2.5 gallon garden sprayer with a kitchen sprayer attached to the end of the hose rather than the spray wand that comes with it. I've epoxied over half of the holes so the spray pattern is good but not wasting water. The unit has been painted black and collects heat from the sun nicely. If we find it's not warm enough, we add a kettle of heated water.
Two of us have a nice shower with 2 +/- gallons. It goes a long way toward making our water stores last. It is dirt cheap. It also is used for dishes after meals.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

krick3tt

Adventurer
I use a 2.5 gal stainless steel garden sprayer. It can go directly on the cooker to heat the water. Pump it for pressure and spray away. I made a small wooden slat platform to stand on to keep out of the mud/sand and varnished it for longevity. Very portable, can roam off to find a secluded spot or set up the enclosure. Depends on my length of stay at a camp.

Freebird

Adventurer
Sitting directly on the burner? Don't get distracted!
It would quickly become a pressure vessel without a pressure safety valve.....
Babysit it closely....

krick3tt

Adventurer
It doesn't become a pressure vessel till the pump is inserted. Till then it is just a can with a hole in the top,

For a test, I connected my pump to a fuse and then to a battery with alligator clips. worked great.

Now it connects to a fuse block. which has a main run to the battery.

The alligator clip method worked fine, just went by the auto parts store and picked up one of those inline fuse pieces.
Wired that into the pump, put a clip on the other end. Used it for 3 nights and it worked well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles