Permanent Loft Bed/Bunk Ambo pic request

Coachgeo

Explorer
Below is the one pic found of what I THINK is an Ambo RV conversion with a Permanent rear Bunk/Loft Bed. It could be a shuttle? Anyone have more pictures of this rig? Have not been able to find it.

Also seeking any other bunk/loft pictures, (especially loft)

BackBunk.jpg
This pic's Ambo possibly build by former member here (banned?)ZukiCamper? Six13motorworks?

Coachgeo

Explorer
Why not just use Google Search?...Best "best" search engine of the world, instead of uploading this picture to Expedition Portal, you upload this file into Google Picture search - and here we go ...
Thank you. should have said.... have done that already. That is how found the one shot of the above rigs Lofted bed along with a few other pics of same rig. Via Google most all of what I found was on Pintrest. Most of them point back to here at Expo.Portal... Tis how found the thread here with pics of that rig but it shows the loft in only one pic. Also is how found out zukicamper/Six13motorworks was involved with it. Hoping there were a few more pics someone might have since it appears he was on the board for a while before being banned for some reason

Last edited:

Corneilius

Adventurer
It is an Ambo that he built the interior of. He is banned, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's still lurking. I don't have any more pictures but that bed is not full width. It was meant for the customers youngest boy I believe. Im sure its possible to have a fixed rear bed in an Ambo, however ambulance cabinets are notoriously hard to remove.

Coachgeo

Explorer
.... I don't have any more pictures but that bed is not full width. It was meant for the customers youngest boy I believe. Im sure its possible to have a fixed rear bed in an Ambo, however ambulance cabinets are notoriously hard to remove.
Interesting info. Thank you. Granted at 5'8" and shrinking along with being only 150lb soaking wet that size loft bed..... may still work for me lol. Will have to look closer at ability to access that area across back to make a permanent bed. Any other insight in this would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
Does this qualifies as a loft?
e5bffeb26b8d126e5c76f9a83ed58bf3.jpg

f0751b3b0d36725c19c340acb6ebc708.jpg

Last edited:

tribeof5

Adventurer
This is my Ambo. That is a loft bed. It is 5’7” long across the rear upper section of the ambo. The middle portion of it can lower to become a bench that rests over the cooler space if needed. We have 5 boys, and when we built the rig, it could and still can sleep my two youngest.

Coachgeo

Explorer
This is my Ambo. That is a loft bed. It is 5'7” long across the rear upper section of the ambo. The middle portion of it can lower to become a bench that rests over the cooler space if needed. We have 5 boys, and when we built the rig, it could and still can sleep my two youngest.
Hmmm... a 5 boys camper scenario sounds familiar? Think Ive heard of this before... Do you have any more pictures you can point me toward please? A thread? If it is in the http://forum.expeditionportal.com/threads/55074-UJOR-Build-Thread/page220 somewhere can you hint at where... I still got 450 plus more post to go thru out of the 670 and growing post in that thread and not seen it yet.

Last edited:

tribeof5

Adventurer
I never did a build thread. Never could seem to find the time. I will dig up some photos and try to post them for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles