Full size rigs-Airing down

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
As many here have said there is no easy definite answer to how much you can air down. There are just too many factors. Even so, being in the teens with your truck at low speed should be fine. Youll be able to go lower in an emergency, just raise the tire back up to a higher pressure when clear of the sand or snow that you couldn't pass through.

In terms of PINS you should be able to clear most of that island without having to use 20 mph momentum. With the right air pressure and four-wheel drive you should float through nicely.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
As many here have said there is no easy definite answer to how much you can air down. There are just too many factors. Even so, being in the teens with your truck at low speed should be fine. Youll be able to go lower in an emergency, just raise the tire back up to a higher pressure when clear of the sand or snow that you couldn't pass through.

In terms of PINS you should be able to clear most of that island without having to use 20 mph momentum. With the right air pressure and four-wheel drive you should float through nicely.

I haven't done PINS in a while, but I have run it to the pass and back probably 30+ times in my life and there's always a super soft section at one point or another that requires some decent speed. The thing about that run is that the shore line is always changing and evolving with the tide and storms, you just never know what you are going to get into until you are there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94