FS-Taxa Cricket trailer frame-Denver, CO

Jafrench

Observer
Want someone to recycle this thing, even if it's just for the wheels, brakes and axle and scrap metal for the rest.

I bought a Taxa Cricket but the frame leaves a little to be desired for more serious off road adventures so I'm having a custom frame built. I have the old frame which will go to the scrap yard unless someone wants to use it for a home built camping trailer. Start with a 1" plywood base bolted to the frame and then get creative! 3000# torsion axle, 10" electric brakes, wheels and tires, including spare, are included, although the tires don't match and are pretty meh. Also have the nose box that I'll put back on. It will need a trailer wiring harness and tail lights as we cannibalized the original for the new frame. Price drop to $500 OBO, local pickup only. NO idea what this thing is worth so I stress the OBO. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG-0716.jpg
    IMG-0716.jpg
    574.4 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG-0717.jpg
    IMG-0717.jpg
    567.5 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG-0720.jpg
    IMG-0720.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:

Jafrench

Observer
More pics

Attachments

• IMG-0725.jpg
    IMG-0725.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG-0719.jpg
    IMG-0719.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG-0718.jpg
    IMG-0718.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 230

Jafrench

Observer
Still more

Attachments

• IMG-0721.jpg
    IMG-0721.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG-0722.jpg
    IMG-0722.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG-0723.jpg
    IMG-0723.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 194

Jafrench

Observer
GLWS
Do you have a build thread? I'm interested in seeing how you upgrade the TAXA.

You're now the 2nd person to ask about a build thread. Looks like I need to do one. I should have the trailer (on a the new frame) back in a couple weeks and I'll start a thread

Pjz

Make me three. Really interested in seeing what you are doing with the cricket as well. Have my eye on a Tiger Moth

str8nm

Observer
can you take more photos of the front, i.e. how the tongue is attached to the main body and does this part come apart by unbolting / removing rivet?
interested in more info on the replacement as well.

Landon_Overland

So could you do me a favor. I want to eventually make a trailer. Could you measure the total length of the trailer for me? Also could you measure the length of the rectangle part of the trailer(where the walls go) and could you please measure the width. Thanks a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jafrench

Observer
So could you do me a favor. I want to eventually make a trailer. Could you measure the total length of the trailer for me? Also could you measure the length of the rectangle part of the trailer(where the walls go) and could you please measure the width. Thanks a lot.

If you're wanting me to measure the original Cricket frame referenced in this for sale thread, my apologies, but it is long gone to the scrap yard.

Landon_Overland

If you're wanting me to measure the original Cricket frame referenced in this for sale thread, my apologies, but it is long gone to the scrap yard.

No problem

Landon_Overland

So online it says the total length is 15’. If you were to take an estimate how long do you think the rectangle where walls went was?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles