Rhinorack Foxwing Discontinued?

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I just went to look at the dimensions of the Foxwing on the Rhinorack website and it is no longer there. Only the small Foxwing 2.1 is on the site. Same thing at Etrailer.

Anyone know if it is gone for sure?

tae73

Observer
I hope not just bought one during Christmas and purchased one anex panel, still wanting to purchase couple more down the road. Its still listed on the manufactures page oztents, i purchased mine from autoanything.com and its not longer listed either.

taz223

ExplorationOutfitters.com
The Foxwing has been discontinued from Rhino Rack, but they are soon to be releasing their new Batwing awning that will have some significant improvements over the original Foxwing. Last estimate we got was that they would be available at the end of this month.

taz223

ExplorationOutfitters.com
It is my understanding that replacement parts should be available for a considerable amount of time, as far as accessories like the panels & tag-a-long tents, etc. I do not have an answer on that. If you're wanting wind break walls, might be a good time to snag them up before dealers that have them in stock sell out.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
The Foxwing has been discontinued from Rhino Rack, but they are soon to be releasing their new Batwing awning that will have some significant improvements over the original Foxwing. Last estimate we got was that they would be available at the end of this month.

Thanks I had wondered what was up with that. I saw that only the driver side one was still in stock - makes sense that they would still have a few of those.

IH454SSII

From Rino-Rack

Hello Shane,
It is currently being updated with a new unit. These updates do take some time as we update product info, part numbers branding and receive the new inventory in to the US warehouse. These will be re-launching sometime in February 2018.

For a little teaser watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBrZX6yNFng

Cheers

Rob Gonzalez
Customer Service

Rhino-Rack USA, LLC.
2450 Airport Blvd. Unit D
Aurora, CO 80011
P (303) 706-9700 x: 217
M (720) 451-3128
E RGonzalez@rhinorack.com
W www.rhinorack.com

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I love the comment on that video. HAHAHA!

But seriously. If it's something thats close to the same price as the foxwing and doesn't take two people to deploy, I'm a definite buyer.

cerutti

Observer
I was told by rhino rack that all existing accessories ie. tapper walls, tagalong tent would work with the new awning. I known I'll be buy one assoon as they are released.

C-Fish

Adventurer
I'm hoping the new cover (bag) could be used with the older Foxwing. It looks like it's a little larger....
Looks like the “downspout” has been deleted on the new model.

Not enough of a difference IMO to move me over from two (2) current Foxwing awnings though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles