Smittybilt SRC Rear Bumper

Sixinarow

Adventurer
Hi all. I have the chance to buy a used one from a local body shop, slightly scratched, for $200.

I read and heard their quality leaves a bit to be desired so wanted to ask the experts.

Good/decent quality? Good deal?

This is what it looks like installed.

Thanks

SmartSelectImage_2018-01-14-22-25-57.jpg
SmartSelectImage_2018-01-14-22-25-40.jpg

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Seems to be a decent deal. If you like the style, for that money it is hard to go wrong.

Quality for me has been hit and miss. Mine had the Atlas bumpers front and rear when I bought it. They were wayyyy too heavy so I dumped them. I went from 400 lbs of bumper to about 80 front and rear (no rear bumper right now. I had to adjust the latch on the tire carrier a lot but that was really the only issue I had. I DO NOT, however, like the SRC rails I have. Way too weak for sliders....

unkamonkey

Explorer
Huh, I own a welder and spent less than $100 to build a new cross member and a bumper with a reciever mount.
You seem to have more $ than I do to throw out.]

unkamonkey

Explorer
I have done a lot of welding and have a ASME inspector watch me as I was welding and he said that I could be certified. I just stick things together but a welding insteuctor looked at one of my welds and said was better than he could have done

Sixinarow

Adventurer
Sounds to me that you've had a change of heart and you're going to buy the $200.00 bumper. So it seems you do't need my advices. Then by all means buy the 200.00 job. I offered my opinion so theres nothing else to offer. GL with your buy.

I never said I was going to buy it. I asked if it was a good deal. You said, "considering one could buy this bumper NEW for a few bucks more". I then told you I searched and couldn't find one for less than $400 new. I guess I should have asked, "Could you please send me a link to where you saw these for a few dollars more than $200." So, can you provide a link?

What's "a few bucks more" to you? $25, $50, $100?

But, if you can't back that statement up and it's just your opinion then I don't know if it's a good or bad deal at $200.

Sixinarow

Adventurer
Huh, I own a welder and spent less than $100 to build a new cross member and a bumper with a reciever mount.
You seem to have more $ than I do to throw out.]

You honestly think $200 is a lot of money to "throw out" after you've seen, I'm sure, the 10s of thousands of dollars guys spend on parts?

I can build one myself, and I am considering it. But I don't have a brake or torch or plasma cutter. If I don't want to spend hours with the grinder I'd need the plate cut for me.

It would be nice to say I made my own bumper.

Blue Baby Sound

A guy with a Jeep
I ran the XRC rear bumper for a couple of years and wasn't happy with it. When loaded down the tolerences were too tight to the tailgate. Even after "persuading it" I got tailgate damage. Now I run a bumper delete, which are less $ than what you're looking at.

If you don't have the ability to make your own (I don't) then ACE and EVO both make one to purchase. @sodaksooner runs the ACE, I run the EVO.

http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/ACE-JK-Hammertown-Rear-Armor_p_229.html

http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/ACE-JK-Hammertown-Rear-Armor_p_229.html

acejkhra-b.jpg

p-3355-fascia-front-view.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles