Stolen Camper Van - Ford Okanagan

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
I did hear back from them. It's essentially a set of plates that screw through the door skin to sandwich the lock. To be honest, it's not as clean looking as I had hoped. I think it would be possible to try and fabricate something yourself that supports the lock from the inside. That said, the best theft deterrent is a visible theft deterrent. Anything that makes your vehicle look harder to steal than the vehicle beside it is your best bet. Similar to door sandwich plates on your home, the Jimmi Jammer outside plates would make it look harder to pop the lock.

I understand your visual deterrent. I'm even putting these on my side door and hatches (powder-coated to the vehicle color):
van-door-or-shed-double-door-hasp-lock-166-p.jpg

The problem is where do you draw the line between making it look like your protecting something valuable that's worth stealing and this is way too much trouble to steal. Two different philosophies...

Jo_Duval

Observer
The problem is where do you draw the line between making it look like your protecting something valuable that's worth stealing and this is way too much trouble to steal. Two different philosophies...

such a fine line. we have a cut off switch, how does one vehicle attract more attention than an other one.

Deshet

Adventurer
I have had people try and break into my ambulance. I think they were looking for drugs.

For the price the club is hard to beat.

Walmart.com has a off brand one for $21.98.

SBaircraft

Observer
At work, I recently used a Tile bluetooth tracker to locate a thief. Police were able to make an arrest and recovered $3,400 in stolen merchandise.

I've heard that some people are putting the trackers in their vehicles in case they someday go missing. For $20, I might put one in my camper van. If my vehicle goes missing, I can report it stolen with the Tile App. If the vehicle gets close to another Tile App user, the location of my vehicle will be sent to my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles