Pronghorn Rear Bumper Coming Soonish

LilPoppa

Adventurer
Pronghorn mentioned on their website that they have a rear bumper for the JK, but I couldn't find any info on it. I sent them an email and got this reply:

"The Omega A/T Twin is aluminum construction, like the Alpha A/T, and will feature the GearMount accessory mounting system allowing the winch, cargo racks, or various other accessories to be attached. The Omega A/T Twin will also be a dual-arm design (two swing out arms, one on each side) that will allow you to choose between multiple configurations according to your requirements.

1) Tire (size to be a maximum of 40” for a single tire and 35-37” for dual tires) on one arm, cargo rack (NATO cans, HiLift, shovel, axe, etc.) on the other arm. You can place the tire and cargo rack arms on whichever side you prefer.

2) Two tires, one on each arm, with no cargo rack. Tire size will be limited to a 35-37" diameter.

3) Two cargo racks and no tires. We know some folks carry the tires up top on a roof rack.

4) No arms if desired.

As our design offsets to the tire to one side it allows for a much larger cargo capacity than our competitors. You will be able to carry four (4) NATO cans in the cargo rack. The cargo rack also folds up flush with the Jeep body when not in use.

The Omega features auxiliary taillights as well. We use 3” diameter LED lights (one red, one amber and one clear) to provide additional lighting if you cargo and tire configuration obscures the factory taillights.

The Omega A/T Twin and our upcoming Modular Side Rail System will both feature GearMount attachment points, allowing you to mount the winch or any other accessories to the front, rear, or sides of the vehicle. To that end we are working on an initial run of basic accessories for the GearMount system. In addition to the gearMount winch these include cargo racks (in two sizes), work tables, and an adaptor system to allow interface to Thule and Yakima hitch mount bike racks. However, we have many ideas for other accessories and have people request such items as racks for adventure motorcycles. So the options are really open to whatever ideas people have. We would like to license the technology and allow it to become something of an open-source technology for folks seeing a niche in the market for something new."

Sounds pretty cool, albeit expensive. I'm not sure if I'd want two tires hanging off the back, but I'd considered getting the basic stripped down model.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
I'm excited to see this, if it was an option a few years back I would most likely own one on my current JKU

OCD Overland

Explorer
So, they had a rear bumper advertised on their site for I think four years without actually having a product. Now that maybe soonish they have one, they deleted the page. Makes sense.

I like their system though. Wish they'd make something for an F150. I wish anyone would make something for an F150.

Last edited:

Mako1114

Adventurer
I wonder if the swing arms will be compatible with the Titan Trail Trekker 12 gallon fuel caddy? That'd be crazy to carry two 35" spares and 24 gallons of fuel. :Wow1:

Cheers

Last edited:

HAFICON

Adventurer
I have been in constant contact with Ray and Tery at Pronghorn I ordered my Front Alpha A/T C5 and it just arrived less than a week ago, installed and man is it impressive. The engineering alone that went into this is amazing, Talking to Trey the owner and designer at Pronghorn he explained that he created tools with in the program to ensure they would fit in the slots for bolt access. On my Pronghorn Alpha A/T C5 you can access every nut and bolt, no reaching around no crawling under, there are slots cut into the bumper specifically for wrench access an example would be the frame bolts.

Once assembled I installed this by my self in about 15 minutes. This is the first Pronghorn product I purchased, I am pleased it was well worth the wait. I have since got a set of the link tracks on order, as well as several accessories for the front bumper. Some of the accessories for the front will carry over to the rear.

1.jpg

IMG_5816.jpg

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I also inquired about the rear JK bumper recently and received the same information from Pronghorn. Might decide to invest in a set when both are available.

LilPoppa

Adventurer
Dang that looks good, Haficon. Did you (or are you going to) get the winch case?

I've been saving some money because I want to get this (and hopefully the rear bumper) as well as a bit of a lift, but I accidentally bought some plane tickets to Nicaragua. Looks like I'll be doing a bit of overtime.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
This might give the AEV carrier/bumper a run for its money. I seriously love the modular style that Pronghorn is known for. Would love to see the dual tire carrier for a JK.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Dang that looks good, Haficon. Did you (or are you going to) get the winch case?

I've been saving some money because I want to get this (and hopefully the rear bumper) as well as a bit of a lift, but I accidentally bought some plane tickets to Nicaragua. Looks like I'll be doing a bit of overtime.

Yes I bought the top mount gear mount case which is the enclose winch case that mounts to the top of the bumper. It is in production right now. For anyone debating I really encourage you to be patient you will not be disappointed.

HAFICON

Adventurer
They appear to still be in the design phase, but looks like they will be in production really soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles