fWC camper heater question..... how much propane

Skinhyfish

Observer
Hi guys, I have a 2016 fleet with winter liner in it.. We are doing our first winter camp trip with it. Curious how much propane the heater burns through a night at 20 degree temps. WHat has been the best thermostat setting and what’s you all do for best efficiency. Thanks Zach

xander294

My jayco sportster with the top down in 15 deg temps used only about a half to ¾ of a gallon in one night and all day running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XJINTX

Explorer
I have 2015 HAWK. When up in Yellowstone last we used the heater for 3 nights straight snow and probably 20 degree weather. Ours has liner too and seals properly. I keep the thermostat at 60 degrees for the wife all day too. The 3rd night , without her knowledge, I lowered to 50 as was worried I'd run out in middle of night. Nope all well and kicked back to 60 before she crawled out. My 10 lb was full first day in park. We cook outside and only use inside stove for morning coffee. I switched bottles that last day. It still had some left... I think took like 2.67 gallons to fill? They are pretty good as far as I'm concerned... but I'm used to bigger RV's to heat.

riccasey

My 2012 Palimino B800 burns through 20lbs in about six days - no winter liner, temps @ 25 night / 35 day, 16000 btu furnace running day and night @ ~ 60deg, fridge and cooking usage included.

One day I will change the thermostat to one that has a minimum setting less than the current one which is ~ 60 deg. It would be good, both for sleeping and efficiency, to dial it back to maybe 45 - 50 at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94