2019 Tundra

bkg

Explorer
Good friend of mine in AZ is a Ram guy, he leaves them stock. Ride pretty nice to me....though he has been through 3 of them (and 1 Chevy, a Jeep XJ and a OBS F350) since I have known him over the last 10 years, and I am still driving the same Toyota. But, he is one of those guys that buys a new truck every time the wind changes... he was saying he has great luck with the Rams, and I said to him...you better well should since you only keep them for 2 years! had my Tacoma for 16.2 years now...

Oh yeah, almost forgot. He also augments the new trucks with a $1000 beater commuter car to keep the miles down on the trucks.

I don't get it, but whatever... :) Think he just likes spending money and tinkering with the beaters.

you do realize that you are one of the weird ones, right? :p

Bought an 86 4Runner in 03 from a nice lady in Co. She was probably early 60's. She told me she was upset that she was selling it prior to 20 years of ownership, but her knee just couldn't take shifting every day... That was back when things were cheap... 140k miles, uber clean and only $2200...

Clutch

<---Pass
you do realize that you are one of the weird ones, right? :p

Oh, Totally! :geek: The automotive market would fail if everyone was like me.

Bought an 86 4Runner in 03 from a nice lady in Co. She was probably early 60's. She told me she was upset that she was selling it prior to 20 years of ownership, but her knee just couldn't take shifting every day... That was back when things were cheap... 140k miles, uber clean and only $2200...

26 years ago, before I moved out to AZ I tried selling my '85 4Runner that I bought used at 60K miles and $6000...since I wanted to get another fullsize truck. No one wanted that "Jap Crap" in PA, not even a nibble.

So I kept it, and drove it out to AZ, kept it for another 5 years...but not having A/C was killing me. It had 225K miles...so do I spend $1000 for AC on what I thought was an old high mile truck, or sell it and buy something else? Wasn't even in the Auto Trader for a day and sold for $2500...should of asked for more. That same 4Runner would probably go for $10K today...

The '92 Toy RC I bought after it...would probably still have that, if I didn't want an extra cab V6.

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
Here that isn't specific to just Ram's. That can go for any diesel 3/4 - 1 ton truck. Actually... half tons too..... You forgot to mention the nose high / bull dog stance. Oh and they all have their towing mirrors fully extended even though they aren't towing anything.....
Down south here I swear it's mostly RAM. When I see those stupid TNR stickers, I feel like deflating their tires.

Good friend of mine in AZ is a Ram guy, he leaves them stock. Ride pretty nice to me....though he has been through 3 of them (and 1 Chevy, a Jeep XJ and a OBS F350) since I have known him over the last 10 years, and I am still driving the same Toyota. But, he is one of those guys that buys a new truck every time the wind changes... he was saying he has great luck with the Rams, and I said to him...you better well should since you only keep them for 2 years! had my Tacoma for 16.2 years now...

Oh yeah, almost forgot. He also augments the new trucks with a $1000 beater commuter car to keep the miles down on the trucks.

I don't get it, but whatever... :) Think he just likes spending money and tinkering with the beaters.

Anything within reason will be a great vehicle for two years! I feel like this has been us for the last 5 years. Two JK's, Tacoma, Terrain, and now a 4Runner. At least I got the wife into a Toyota finally...

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Down south here I swear it's mostly RAM. When I see those stupid TNR stickers, I feel like deflating their tires.
TNR?

Anything within reason will be a great vehicle for two years! I feel like this has been us for the last 5 years. Two JK's, Tacoma, Terrain, and now a 4Runner. At least I got the wife into a Toyota finally...
You would hope anyway. But that's not always the case regardless of make or model.

Personally as long as my wife likes what she's driving, I'm happy. Afterall, she's the one driving it.

Clutch

<---Pass
Anything within reason will be a great vehicle for two years!

Yeah no kidding! It better be good then, right!?

I feel like this has been us for the last 5 years. Two JK's, Tacoma, Terrain, and now a 4Runner. At least I got the wife into a Toyota finally...

It was my aunt of all people that got me into Toyotas....her and her best friend bought '86 RC's at the same time. Her friend's brother had a '83 Long Bed, which had something like 250K miles on it at the time...that he dragged all over AZ and NM working for the Indian Reservations. I was like "holy crap!" I need to get me one of those. The '76 F250 we had that was bought brand new, we tossed in 3 engines before it hit 75K miles...

My aunt strayed and bought a late model VW Beetle, that only lasted 20K miles before the tranny went out. Now she is back into a Toyota, well a Scion of some sorts, IIRC she has had it for 10 years now. My mom has a Rav4 and step dad a Highlander. As much as I look at other brands, be extremely hard for me to leave the brand. Though...the new trucks are too techy for me, at this point think I rather restore and older Yota.

Would love to get an early 80's Long Bed. That would be more exciting to me than buying a brand new truck.

1983-toyota-4x4-sr5-truck-2.jpg

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
Yeah no kidding! It better be good then, right!?

It was my aunt of all people that got me into Toyotas....her and her best friend bought '86 RC's at the same time. Her friend's brother had a '83 Long Bed, which had something like 250K miles on it at the time...that he dragged all over AZ and NM working for the Indian Reservations. I was like "holy crap!" I need to get me one of those. The '76 F250 we had that was bought brand new, we tossed in 3 engines before it hit 75K miles...

My aunt strayed and bought a late model VW Beetle, that only lasted 20K miles before the tranny went out. Now she is back into a Toyota, well a Scion of some sorts, IIRC she has had it for 10 years now. My mom has a Rav4 and step dad a Highlander. As much as I look at other brands, be extremely hard for me to leave the brand. Though...the new trucks are too techy for me, at this point think I rather restore and older Yota.

Would love to get an early 80's Long Bed. That would be more exciting to me than buying a brand new truck.

View attachment 497094

Those first gens are such rad trucks, although I have delusions of recreating the black truck from Back to the Future...

Dad's been a Cruiser guy since as long as I can remember, so I cut my teeth on those and mostly Japanese sports cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles